Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Spectrum boat?

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Spectrum boat?

Anyone know anything about a Spectrum 17' Dominator Boat (1997 Model? I have found one to buy with a 75HP mercury that looks in good condition and cranks and runs good for $3200.00. Is this a good boat? and a good buy?
    thanks

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chodie1 View Post
    Anyone know anything about a Spectrum 17' Dominator Boat (1997 Model? I have found one to buy with a 75HP mercury that looks in good condition and cranks and runs good for $3200.00. Is this a good boat? and a good buy?
    thanks
    That is a good price if its in good condition. I have the same boat and motor except mine is a 94 model. The only possible problem is Merc has a TSB out advising that the fuel pump be rebuilt. The original used rubber check valves and ethanol gas causes them to curl up on the edges. The kit from Merc replaces them with new style check valves. Symptoms are that it acts like it runs out of gas at high speed. Its an easy fix and the kit is about $18.00
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

i have the same boat bought new in 97 with 75 merc,have had no problems,my brother has the same boat with 40hp w are both still using our boats,now i wish i had gotton a 40hp becouse of gas pricies and mileage