Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big Niangua

Post Thanks / Like

Default Big Niangua

Not much to report over here, did finally get out this morning after a month off the water.

Found a few, mostly shorts but a few keepers. Used an Emerald Green Baby Shad and a white/chart slab slayr. Water temp was 80-81.5 and good clarity. Most of the fish were in 8-12 feet of water. Tried some deeper with no luck. Thought they should have been a little deeper than we found them. Anyway, was good to get back on the water.

Everyone have a safe weekend and 4th.
    Mark

Pitching jigs, catching slabs, life is good

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report Mark. I am going out at daylight to troll some crankbaits around the 14mm. Will report in tomorrow night.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Trolled crankbaits for about 3 hours this morning and only caught 3 crappie ond one 3.5lb. bass. Pretty tough. Water between 80.5 and 82 withh about 2 to 3 ft. of visibility. May try trolling thr bluff faces next to my condo tomorrow morning.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update, Mike. It is sort of that tough time of year. Good luck.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Went out this morning and caught 4 trolling but the wind was brutal. Only fished for about an hour and gave up.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Still strong work for this time of year Mike.

Keep after em.
    Mark

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Stay after them Mike. Must have been rough out there to run you off the lake. After Kansas I thought you and Jim were use to riding out the waves and catching big fish.

Post Thanks / Like

I remember Mike yelling "get the f--king net" to Jim, Jim called himself boat bit-h at camp. Bottom line is they caught the most big fish that tough day out in the middle of the stumps, the rest of us were hugging rock ledges to stay out of the wind.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jigging15 View Post
    Stay after them Mike. Must have been rough out there to run you off the lake. After Kansas I thought you and Jim were use to riding out the waves and catching big fish.
    Didn't have to drive 4 hours to get there. I was fishing within a mile of my condo with easy access to my boat slip. Makes it too easy to quit when the conditions aren't right.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ship View Post
    I remember Mike yelling "get the f--king net" to Jim, Jim called himself boat bit-h at camp. Bottom line is they caught the most big fish that tough day out in the middle of the stumps, the rest of us were hugging rock ledges to stay out of the wind.
    I am ready to go back to Toronto. Any reports on the conditions?
    Mike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast