Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: How to Post Pictures?

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up How to Post Pictures?

Hey Guy's, How do you post your pictures on your post's. I'm new to the computer world, so I'm dumb as a nail, I've only had my PC for about three or four months. HELP...I've fallen and can't get up Thanks.....

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

use this site or one of your choice to host the site . this will give you a image address. copy the immage and paste it in the immage box click on ok .http://photobucket.com click on insert immage the littl square box that sayes immage and [IMG][/IMG]
    retired and now i will always fish

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Lips ...

I use "Photobucket" ( www.photobucket.com ) to "host" my pictures ... it's free and pretty easy to use. You will, of course, have to have a scanner or digital camera that you can use to download pictures to your computer. I have a Visioneer 7300 Scanner, that I use to scan film photos ... then upload them to my Photobucket album. Once a pic is on the Photobucket site - you go to your album site and left click on the IMG line below the picture. That will highlight that line of text. Then right click on that highlighted line and a window will drop down - click on "Copy". Now, come to Crappie.com and open a new thread or "reply" post. Put in your "title" and type in your comments. When you want to add the picture - hit your enter key, to move your cursor down a line from your typed comments - then right click your mouse and choose "Paste" from the dropdown window. Your picture should appear as a line of text that looks something like - IMG http:// yada yada yada .jpg /IMG. Then click the "Preview Post" button below this field and view the text and picture as it will appear in your post. Here's a picture of my Grandfather with one of his "catches":

This is the "simple" part ....... (once you have your pictures on the hosting site of your choice) ... I'll leave the hard stuff (editing) to someone who's more qualified to explain (if need be). I scanned 4.5" X 3.5" sized photos into my computer and then put them on Photobucket .... then followed the proceedure I just recounted, to put the image on this post.
    You can go to the "TEST" thread and play around, until you've got it working like you want ... then come back here and show us whatcha got !! ..... luck2ya ...cp

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Thanks for the info crappiepappy like i said (dumb as a nail) the 1.2.3 steps should get me going plus photo bucket, also to you papasage. I'm learning though. :D I can remember catching buckets full with my granddad, he taught me how, and thank the lord for him, if was a fishin fool like me now
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 05-04-2005 at 06:47 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Take a roll of pictures with your regular camera. Go to Eckard's or some other developing place and have them developed and ask for a Kodak CD in addition to your prints. That CD will have everhing you need to put your pictures on the site. Save your photo's on the CD in the default location, remembering where it is. Probably mydocuments/ mypictures. You may need to reduce the size and that can be done by editing the picture. I think the Kodak CD cost $6.00 extra at Eckards. If you want to post a picture from the internet just right click it and copy and right click it here and paste. George Parker won the recent CUSA regional on Clark Hill. Congraulations George.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Crappielips .... FYI (& other members may want to take note)

I took the liberty of "editing" your post .... removing mine from yours. It saves site space, and download times (for dial-up users). It's a very simple maneuver - just start at the end of the post ... left click and hold it down, and move your mouse pointer up to the first word in the post. This should "highlight" the whole post. Release your left mouse button and hit the "backspace" button. The whole post, or whatever part of it that's highlighted, will disappear ..... and you can enter your own post in the free space.
    The only time you would really want to leave the previous post in your reply, is when you are answering specific statements of a previous post, and want to direct that answer to that specific person or statement. This helps direct your answering post to that specific person/statement, when a thread has multiple posts & subjects ... without having to open a whole new thread.

You didn't do anything wrong ... I'm just trying to help get you going in the right direction .......
    if you want to leave the previous person's post in yours (highlighted as a Quote) - click on the LITTLE "reply" button, inside the post window (the one next to the "edit" button) -- if you want to reply in a empty posting space ... click on the LARGE "Post Reply" button at the bottom left, or top left, of the thread page. ......... luck2ya .......cp

Post Thanks / Like

While I have you here how do you post links, I went to the manage thing on a posting today and sent a picture from my documents and was trying to send a link. Seems like an easy way to send pictures tho.