Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Busch Wildlife area report.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Busch Wildlife area report.

Well I went out there again today on my lunch break, it was the first time i've been back in about a week or more. The report is the bite is still happening but its slow. Today was all small 7"+ females with eggs in about 3 feet of water but about 20-30 feet from the bank.

A week or so ago it was nothing but males and right up on the bank just a 1-3 feet out.

It was much slower today and I only caught about 15 today.

Still really hitting the bubblegum pink jig, today it was a dead still jig too.

Post Thanks / Like

I went again on my way home last night and they are still biting. Was there from about 5:30-8:30 and probably caught 45+ fish

One real nice one. See the pictures.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Post Thanks / Like

As it warms up the bite is getting better. Much more females than in the past few weeks. Today I caught 19 and the bite sure varies. Sometimes they want it dead still but today they wanted it moving.

They still prefer the pink color jigs though.

Post Thanks / Like

Spawn seems over here.

Over the weekend the reports were good. My fishing buddy caught 40 fish. But its dwindled off fast with the rising temps. Today I fished it and only caught 1 crappie. The Blue-gills are now all over the banks getting ready and guarding the nests.

It was sure fun while it lasted.

MinTonka Guest

Default Wow RainTree That Is a Nice Crappie

Like I said that is a nice fish but it is nothing compared to the fish you can catch when you take advantage of some untraditional bait scents. I was out there this April and had, had one of my wife’s used tampons in my pocket from earlier that morning. Well as I was trying to get my Verizon Wireless phone out of my other pocket I had accidentally got blood all over my fingers, which in turn got all over my red trout worm fished with a super small lead head jig. Let me tell you. OUU EEE they were tearing that shi tt UP Only way I could keep them off my line was to cast it on the shore. Actually my wrist started to get tiered so I did start to do that ( no joke ) I think it has something to do with the taste of uterine Lining that the Crappys just love. Uuhh hu they just love them some blood bait.

What is your take on it Adam?

Post Thanks / Like

Ignore it, it's been taken care of...izzy