Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: How Bout A B-ville Report Jigman

Post Thanks / Like

Default How Bout A B-ville Report Jigman

Just wonderin if you was catchin them in less than twenty yet.
    had to fish deep at eastfork last week five foot! lol anyway we took second place out of thirty sum boats. WE need to get to monroe and eastfork on the same day, the pat i have for monroe is all day long slabs. I no the tourn results make it seem differn't but that was bad luck more than anything. We lost three huge fish.

C-ya
    j-bird

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fastfisher
    Just wonderin if you was catchin them in less than twenty yet.
    had to fish deep at eastfork last week five foot! lol anyway we took second place out of thirty sum boats. WE need to get to monroe and eastfork on the same day, the pat i have for monroe is all day long slabs. I no the tourn results make it seem differn't but that was bad luck more than anything. We lost three huge fish.

C-ya
    j-bird
    Did really well the last 3 days, limits of 10" to 13" fish. Most were 12 to 18 feet deep. Males are nest building in the shallows and big females are prestaging deeper. Lots of luck

crappie vol21 Guest

Default No luck Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by JigMan2
    Did really well the last 3 days, limits of 10" to 13" fish. Most were 12 to 18 feet deep. Males are nest building in the shallows and big females are prestaging deeper. Lots of luck
    Well, made it out to Brookville for the first time. Located some fish, but couldnt generate many strikes. Started in Templeton Creek in the timber. Vertical jigged dollflys tipped with minnows. Also went to Wolf creek and trolled the north shore with minnows only. Not much luck for me. Jigman, where did ya find those 10"-13" fish? Fish were suspended when I was out at about 15'. Any suggestions. Im thinkin of giving it another go this Sunday if the weather holds.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappie vol21
    Well, made it out to Brookville for the first time. Located some fish, but couldnt generate many strikes. Started in Templeton Creek in the timber. Vertical jigged dollflys tipped with minnows. Also went to Wolf creek and trolled the north shore with minnows only. Not much luck for me. Jigman, where did ya find those 10"-13" fish? Fish were suspended when I was out at about 15'. Any suggestions. Im thinkin of giving it another go this Sunday if the weather holds.
    Well you were not alone. I had to work this weekend and I had people calling me all day from the lake saying they couldn't get them to bite either. Something had them turned off but I'm not sure what. Keep trying, it will keep getting better.
    If you can't get them to hit verticle try backing off and pitching jigs into them. Count it down to about 16 feet then drag it back. Thats what produced most of my fish. If you go this weekend be sure to try along the bank of Templeton in the 8 to 12 foot depth. They should be in there by then. especially in the afternoon. Good luck!!

crappie vol21 Guest

Default Trying Brookville again this weekend

Well I think I will try Brookville again this Sunday. Weith the weather warming up I plan on getting on the water early so Ill have some time before the pleasure boaters run me off the water. Jigman, have you heard any recent reports?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappie vol21
    Well I think I will try Brookville again this Sunday. Weith the weather warming up I plan on getting on the water early so Ill have some time before the pleasure boaters run me off the water. Jigman, have you heard any recent reports?
    JigMan Jr and myself might also be there on sunday....
    I fished last wed and fri and tore em up. boated 80 to 100 on friday with a limit of 25 over 11" in the livewell. Fished yesterday with good results but not as good as friday. The recent cold snap has them pulled off shallow structure and we had alot of short fish. Wolf creek and Templeton should be great by this weekend. As of yesterday most fish were caught in 15 to 20 foot of water with most fish suspended anywhere from 8 to 16 feet deep. Smaller males are still trying to work beds in shallow water. Females are wanting to spawn and their eggs are ready. If the water temps get into mid to upper 60's look for big females in the backs of creeks & coves in 4 to 12 feet of water. Lots of luck!!!

crappie vol21 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JigMan2
    JigMan Jr and myself might also be there on sunday....
    I fished last wed and fri and tore em up. boated 80 to 100 on friday with a limit of 25 over 11" in the livewell. Fished yesterday with good results but not as good as friday. The recent cold snap has them pulled off shallow structure and we had alot of short fish. Wolf creek and Templeton should be great by this weekend. As of yesterday most fish were caught in 15 to 20 foot of water with most fish suspended anywhere from 8 to 16 feet deep. Smaller males are still trying to work beds in shallow water. Females are wanting to spawn and their eggs are ready. If the water temps get into mid to upper 60's look for big females in the backs of creeks & coves in 4 to 12 feet of water. Lots of luck!!!
    Well...if you see someone in in Tracker Pro-Crappie 175 with a Tennessee hat on thats me. Plan to be on in Templeton creek by 7:00.