Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Ole Salty Smitty!

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ole Salty Smitty!

We are working wholesale along the panhandle of Florida, mostly on the coast. I havn't had time to go out deep but I brought a surf rod this trip and caught a few different kinds of fish wading in the surf tonight. I haven't a clue as to what they were, except for the catfish. Felt good to catch some fish of any kind. The surf is fun to fish and ya can't beat the fresh air off the gulf. I will be glad to see fall arrive so I can get some time to catch crappie. Yall save a few for me. I sure miss posting on this site and miss talking with yall.

remember it is hot weather
    Keep you lines deep and tight except for early morning.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

We miss seeing your posts also Smitty...Good to hear from you and be careful in the heat and traffic.

Post Thanks / Like

GLAD to see you posting and to hear you doing good. Keep fishing when you can and post too! See ya soon I hope.
    Slab Masters Tournament Trail ............... www.slabmasterstournamenttrail.net

Post Thanks / Like

Wish I was on the beach with ya man,I sure could use the r&r.

Post Thanks / Like

not much r&r but it is nice to have a few hours every night for beach time. We did watch the fleet for the billfish tourney in SandDestin today. I'd rather be floating in da' bucket but this will do for now. I needed it bad. I might open a Smitty's down here on the coast this year. Went to city hall today and the zoning rules are sure crazy here but I'll get it all worked out. I've been suprised by the low cost of real estate and commercial property.. I can buy a place on the beach or bay for 1/2 of what it would cost me on lake Harding..lol I was too tired to fish tonight but I hope I can when we finish tomorrow. I'll let ya know what I catch.. Found out what I was catching must have been bluefish..

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

Dude open a Smitty's,buy us a place and I'll be there as soon as I can.Wan't to catch me some bigguns.LOL Check Talahassee craigslist,they had a boat like you were wanting,2072-20 foot grizzley with 90 merc,nice boat! Go to boats,type in grizzly in search,hit search.
    Last edited by Outlaw1&2; 06-24-2008 at 11:42 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

yep nice boat I could troll for kings in it..lol Shoot in my 20s I did it on a 16' with a 25hp tiller..lot of fun man but i'm to old for that....I think. I fished the salt for years in the late 80s and 90s. Always something biting on the coast or inland, plus 2 good rivers but no Slabs. I had rather catch crappie. These ocean fish are VIOLENT and very mean..lol
    got more teeth than me too! Scary buggers, they are!