Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to board

Post Thanks / Like

Default New to board

Just joined the board and love it. I live in the crappie capitol of the world and where we grow um BIG!!! I belong to a local state crappie club named Magnolia Crappie Club. I fish for crappie atleast 2 days a week 52 weeks a year. Just wanted to say hello and come out of lurk mode. Will gladly give advice on Mississippi lakes if any of you guys are headed this way. I mainly fish the Ross Barnett Res. but have fished all the great crappie lakes in this fine state.
    B&M Pro Staff
    Driftmaster Pro Staff
    TEAM BAIT PUMP
    MAGNOLIA CRAPPIE CLUB

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Mississippi Slab. This is the greatest site ever for slab fishermen. I learn more and more each day. If only I had enough time to apply it all. I'm next door to ya in Alabam. Used to live in Oxford.

I look forward to reading your posts and seeing some pics of your catches.

Post Thanks / Like

Fishnbuddy - Thanks for the welcome. I tell you I have been pulling them in the last 2 months. One of these days maybe I will spend a little money on a digital camera instead of on fishing gear! Caught a huge pre-spawn female a couple of weeks ago the weighed 2lbs 12 ozs. I sure wish I would have had a camera to get a picture of that monster!
    B&M Pro Staff
    Driftmaster Pro Staff
    TEAM BAIT PUMP
    MAGNOLIA CRAPPIE CLUB

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Hello & Welcome Mississippi Slab; I'm going to have't to disagree with you on Miss. being the Crappie capitol. I live over here in west alabama. I fish the Tenn-Tom a lot and notice a lot of trucks with miss tags on um. so we must grow-um bigger over here. or else they've caught-um all up over there. look forward to hearing from you and seeing your catches lol........ :D

Post Thanks / Like

Come on crappieLips you know Grenada Lake grows the big ones! Come on over here and I'll show you where the big ones hang out and you will throw rocks at an Alabama crappie. Really I'm sure they grow big over there but while we are on the subject of the Tenn-Tom. We just recently had a tournament there and the winner had 14.46 lbs ten fish limit. The big fish was a little over 2 lbs. Grenada tournament last year 10 fish limit was a club record for us at 24.47 lbs. Big fish was a 3.41 lbs. Now that is a big stringer and a big mama!
    B&M Pro Staff
    Driftmaster Pro Staff
    TEAM BAIT PUMP
    MAGNOLIA CRAPPIE CLUB

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard neighbor. Glad you decided to join. Man I've got a couple of friends that have been catching the stew out of them at Barnett.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah it has been real good on the Rez this year. These cool snaps have helped to pro-long everything although I'm ready for some steady weather. Some of my best fishing is in the middle of the summer deep water trolling. catch a box full and back at the house before it gets to hot.
    B&M Pro Staff
    Driftmaster Pro Staff
    TEAM BAIT PUMP
    MAGNOLIA CRAPPIE CLUB

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard. lol
    Today is a great day

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Moose1am
    Nice to see you joining us and welcome to the forums. Looking forward to learning more about the MS lakes and your methods. Wish we had warm weather year round like you guys down south of me.
    Well Moose, I'm sure that if you could get the time, you'd be more than welcome to fish with any one of us in the warmer climate
    Life is what you make of it...

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey Slab

I'm a transplanted Jacksonian and live in VA. I was raised in Jackson, graduated from Provine, then Mississippi College and was off to see the world in the US Navy. I fished Ross Barnett in the 60's but since I left I have fished the Delta lakes. We have a duck camp on Beulah and fish that part of the state a few times a year. I've told some of my fishing friends about the "big fish" in MS & if all goes well we will be at Beulah next week. I hope we're not too late.

Good to have you on the board and look forward to seeing some pictures.
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast