Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Slow Tread ???

Post Thanks / Like

Question Slow Tread ???

Have any of you been having trouble with the treads coming up slow? I can pull up the site as fast as it's always been,But when I go to read a tread it takes for ever to come up. Some times I just give up & move on to something else. I'm on dial up,But I don't have any problem with other sites

Post Thanks / Like

Some time when a post have alot of pics on them it will load slow on dail up. It some times does it when I'm on my computer at work. You might try and clean out your temp intenet files and cookies and history to free up computer resorces. It might speed it up for you.Good luck
    MT.DEW AND JP8 IN THE MORNING GETS THE BLOOD FLOWING.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Hey Bentpole ...

Quote Originally Posted by bentpole View Post
    Have any of you been having trouble with the treads coming up slow? I can pull up the site as fast as it's always been,But when I go to read a tread it takes for ever to come up. Some times I just give up & move on to something else. I'm on dial up,But I don't have any problem with other sites

I'm on cable, and ever since the ads strip was added to the site, it has taken a extra second or two between pages. Grubby may have a point, as well ... depending on how much processor power your PC has, the extra goodies and the ever expanding size of the site may be a bit much for your system.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

what crappiepappy said,keep the computer clean of all the extras, I have 26k dial up, and a ten year old computer I know slow but what the heck I read slow anyway

Post Thanks / Like

The pictures taking time I'm used to. (dialup here too) It's the ads.........
    Do gooder since April 26, 2009!

Post Thanks / Like

I too have noticed since the big ads went up it opens slower.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

yup ads slow it down

Post Thanks / Like

The adds slowed things down a lot. (dial up here too) But the last few times I visited here, it has been ultra slooooooooooow!
    Trump is like the guy that comes on the playground and beats up on the guys that's been pushing you around for the last 30 or 40 years.

Post Thanks / Like

I am planning a view that will not have ads, or have minimal ads. I'll have to figure out how to enable it, and for who. But for now, please bear with me. I am listening, I want to help, I want to make improvements, but it takes time. Thanks guys.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slab View Post
    I am planning a view that will not have ads, or have minimal ads. I'll have to figure out how to enable it, and for who. But for now, please bear with me. I am listening, I want to help, I want to make improvements, but it takes time. Thanks guys.
    Slow or not, it's still the best fishing site by a long sight!

Life has many choices, eternity has two...choose wisely.
    Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.