Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nightcrawlers

backtocrappie is offline Moderator OT Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Nightcrawlers

Any of ya'll ever buy jumbo crawlers online? Or grow yer own? I need some for walleye fishn' (oh crap did I say walleye?) I meant I'm doing some rather large crappie fishn' and need big worms, can ya hep a brother?
    "We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good"
    Sen. Hillary Clinton - Speech at Democratic Fundraiser, June 2004

Post Thanks / Like

Vados Bait is very reliable:

Night Crawlers, Leeches, Maggots from Vados Bait Express

Cabela's also sells crawlers.

Post Thanks / Like

My neighbor has a HUGE magnolia tree in her yard. I just go over and kick some leaves around and pick up dozens of em. I don't usually have to use a shovel, they are just right under the leaves.

Post Thanks / Like

If it's rained, I'll wait till it's dark and pick my own in the back yard. If it hasn't rained that day, I'll soak down part of the yard just before sunset then after it's dark, pick my own.

If you compost your leaves in the fall, you can generally take a pitch fork to turn them over and find a bunch that way too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote joejv4 "If it's rained, I'll wait till it's dark and pick my own in the back yard" --or a golf course is also very good. HOWEVER if you shine a regular bright flashlite at them they will zip into hole, SO - use a lite with a red lense as it doesn't seem to bother them at all. Hint some of these new clip on hat brim LED's (3)offer a red lense lite for about 9.95 & it is great in boat at nite-no bugs, easy on the eyes too..........
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Alot of the mag mini-lites used to come with an amber and a red lens.

Post Thanks / Like

Walmart may have them

backtocrappie is offline Moderator OT Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Walmart may have them
    10 years ago Walmart sold the biggest dang crawler I ever saw, now you get anything but.
    "We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good"
    Sen. Hillary Clinton - Speech at Democratic Fundraiser, June 2004

Post Thanks / Like

If you need them right away, Fresh dug, and by that I mean while they are digging, grave sites produce some big worms. I always buy my worms early spring from a wholesale house as they have been feeding them all winter and by spring they are nice and fat. I keep them in the refrigerator and continue to feed them until they are used. You can also, the day before going fishing, put nightcrawlers in a container half filled with very moist (wet soil) and pack wet newspaper into the top half. The worms will absorb the water and get very fat. The only problem with that is they become soft and you don't get to use them as long as you could before conditioning them. Pop

Post Thanks / Like

not sure they're crawlers but the other day I was out cleanin around the dog kennel and noticed a lot of large earthworms about 4 to 6 inches long and fat. Fat like they been eatin BBQ. I spread some lime out to cut down on the urine smell which gets strong durin times of high humidity and all of a sudden these worms come shootin out the ground like there heads was on fire and there butt was catchin. There must of been a hundred of em. Anyone ever witness this kind of behavior?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast