Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Electric Filet Knife Blades

Post Thanks / Like

Question Electric Filet Knife Blades

Does anyone know if these blades can be sharpened ? Can you send them off and for a fee have them sharpened ? Is it it worthwhile or just buy a new set ?
    cd

Post Thanks / Like

Default file

I use a small fine file ,just sharpen the back of the blades,not too much either,it will perform a little better,,ss
    It is most fortunate for those in power that people don't think :::A.Hitler

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

My buddy saw an advertisement on TV about a knife sharpener that will do serrated blades. The Samurai Shark. At the time they were buy one get one free ( for shipping cost ). He gave me the second one. They work great on those electric knife blades. I've been using one for a year now. Don't know what they cost but when i wear this one out, i'm getting 2 more.
    Last edited by chaunc; 06-23-2008 at 02:34 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sharpening Blades

I have used small chain saw files that fit the curve of the blade. works for me. Still using the 10 year old AMERICA ANGLER and same blades.
    USS TICONDEROGA CVA14 VA52 1960-1963

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    I have used small chain saw files that fit the curve of the blade. works for me. Still using the 10 year old AMERICA ANGLER and same blades.
    I tried that once. I cut the ship out of my finger. My chain saw sharpening skills aren't too great either. Files look cool hanging on the wall though.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Different perspective...

I buy the Black & Decker electric carving knife at Wally World for $9.88. It fillets just as well as the expensive ones. And when the blades wear out (which takes quite awhile -- had mine for over 3 years) I pitch the whole mess and buy a new one. For $9.88, I'd rather spend my time fishin' than sharpenin'.

Just my two cents...
    - LOZcrappie (Scott)

I would not exchange my leisure hours for all the wealth in the world. --Comte de Mirabeau (1749-1791)