Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

View Poll Results: Fishing Course???????????

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Is any fishing course worth this much??

4 22.22%
  • Do you think you can learn from a course??

2 11.11%
  • Do you believe you learn by time on water only??

3 16.67%
  • Just a hoax

9 50.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fishing Course

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing Course

Just wondering your opinion on the Crappie Fishing Course being sold by Dan Eggertsen. I am going to try to post this as a poll.

By voting you agree with the question.
    Last edited by bttmline; 06-22-2008 at 05:33 PM. Reason: trying to clarify voting
    Ohio State Board moderator
    www.easternbuckeyecrappieclub.com
    or [email protected]
    NAFC Life Member

Post Thanks / Like

How much is it?

Post Thanks / Like

Those are my thoughts too.
    Quote Originally Posted by markd85 View Post
    How much is it?
    To heck with work, lets go fishing.

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know about a course, this might be something new, but I gave him my email address a year back to see some of his secrets. Dan gives a lot of basic crappie instructions many were new to me. He sent me weekly emails with his secrets. Some were new and novel to me and I am not sorry that I participated, there were no cost. The whole drive seems directed toward selling green night fishing lights which are ridiculously prices into the hundred of dollars. Its suppose to be a "super duper" (my words) crappie light of the highest quality with attributes possessed by no other such lights. I'm not a night fisherman, but to you that do, there might be some information you can use. Just my thoughts.
    "gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!

Post Thanks / Like

The course is $297.00!!!!
    Ohio State Board moderator
    www.easternbuckeyecrappieclub.com
    or [email protected]
    NAFC Life Member

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bttmline View Post
    The course is $297.00!!!!
    For that kind of money, I'd rather spend a day with a good guide.

Post Thanks / Like

Default How I learned to catch crappie

I never fished specifically for crappie until 2 years ago. While I would not say I was an expert, I catch fish most of the time.

1. I live in San Diego so I started out by reading the freshwater forum on San Diego Fish Online - Home I soon learned who the crappie guys were (Str8slabaroinie and Roy Justice) and did a search on their posts. This was before I found crappie.com. The same approach will work here. There is a wealth of knowledge here, take advantage of it.

2. I subscribed to In-fisherman magazine. But you don't have to subscribe, just go to In-Fisherman. The site is very poorly organized and maintained but the data is there, somewhere.

3. But the real big secret was purchasing a copy of "Crappie Wisdom" from ebay for less than $5. That book is worth it's weight in gold! I got a spare copy and carry it in my boat.

Jim (Ike) Isaac - San Diego CA

Purveyor of sea stories, fish tales
    and other prevarications.

Post Thanks / Like

Do your reading and utilize the knowledge on this site and you will do just fine.
    Goodnight Vienna...Pistols Firing!!!

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PawPaw "gene" View Post
    I don't know about a course, this might be something new, but I gave him my email address a year back to see some of his secrets. Dan gives a lot of basic crappie instructions many were new to me. He sent me weekly emails with his secrets. Some were new and novel to me and I am not sorry that I participated, there were no cost. The whole drive seems directed toward selling green night fishing lights which are ridiculously prices into the hundred of dollars. Its suppose to be a "super duper" (my words) crappie light of the highest quality with attributes possessed by no other such lights. I'm not a night fisherman, but to you that do, there might be some information you can use. Just my thoughts.
    "gene"
    Unless youre a real novice crappie fishing at night Dan wont surprise you too much. His same comments have been stated here on crapppie.com from seasoned crappie fishermen. I think his whole line of emails are to get you to buy his light. I enjoyed reading his articles but didnt really learn something new I hadnt already heard (or seen posted) here. I do fine using $14 lights instead of a $200 light. I decided to use that extra money for gas instead.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deathb4disco View Post
    For that kind of money, I'd rather spend a day with a good guide.
    I have to agree here. I have fished with guides before, well worth the time and cost.

Gonefission
    Bill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast