Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Read this...important info....

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Read this...important info....

Just to let everyone know that the copyright laws have changed. Copyrights are automatic. Copyrights also include images of any tangible type. You do not have to file for a copyright. This is why I asked permission for use of personal photos on c.com. I can not legally use someone’s photo images in any work that I create without the person’s permission. I am not a copyright expert, but I did attend some copyright seminars when I lived in the other world (employed).

The reason I brought this subject is that one of our members here had a juvenile moment the other day and decided to defecate on one of the images I had posted.. At the time I thought it to be funny and amazed that a grown man would go to such an extent to try to provoke an old man, but the more I thought of it, the more I saw the serious side of such an act. This act could be considered an infringement. A person could be subject to court action. Why take chances?

I am not personally upset about this incident, nor do I seek revenge, nor do I condemn anyone. This is meant to inform only. I am well laid back for an old man and there isn’t much that gets to me, especially crap on the internet. I sure won’t loose any nap time over this stuff. As for me, what you see is what you get. Ask anyone who knows me. The only thing I want/need in life is more of life.

Be careful out there. There are other people out there besides the oil company that will take your money.

Sincerely

Tom

http://www.crappie.com/gr8vb3/showthread.php?t=68854

Last edited by Cane Pole; 06-20-2008 at 03:47 PM.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

good info there mister, however your profile says you are 39 years of age. have you been telling us one in some form.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishingpox View Post
    good info there mister, however your profile says you are 39 years of age. have you been telling us one in some form.
    I am akin to Jack Benny.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't take this the wrong way, but aren't GoogleEarth images copyrighted?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Smith View Post
    Don't take this the wrong way, but aren't GoogleEarth images copyrighted?

You are allowed to print google map by permission for personal use. ie print map function at top of google earth(toolbar).

Yes, they are copyrighted.
    Last edited by Cane Pole; 06-21-2008 at 08:53 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

This post for information only. Not for argument. I don't see the Gestapo outside. Do what you want.

Tom

Ranger690 is offline Crappie.com Legend and 2021 Crappie.com Man of the Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info Cane Pole. That is good to know.

Dayton