Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: rise or fall

Post Thanks / Like

Default rise or fall

just wondering if most of you guys catch more fish in the rise or fall? i probably catch 80 to 90 % of mine on the rise, but that being said i'm probably fishing on the rise about the same percentage of time. i usually start at the bottom or where i think they are at and then come up slowly pulling the line with my left hand, once i've got one hooked i grab the line with my fingers that are on the rod and then get another pull with my left hand again, i very seldom use the reel except in real deep water.
    Last edited by catman; 06-20-2008 at 10:43 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

if fishin a jig, minnow tipped jig, minnow on a jig head in and around boat docks....the fall....

sometimes vertical jigging i get em on the fall...very rarely tightlining do i get em on the fall, but probably because i use a lot more weight to get it where i want it and keep it there

Post Thanks / Like

Most of mine come on the fall or when holding it still. I think it all depends on how you like to fish though. If you are slowly pulling the bait straight up, it is almost like holding it still at different depths on your way up till you find them. Same thing if you are dropping it on a tight line slowly. They probably don't so much see it as moving up or down, but right in front of them. With really light jigs, I catch more on the fall or a steady retrieve, but with live bait, whether on a jig or under a float, as slow and still as possible seems to be the key.
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

i also catch most of mine on the rise. i get a minnow or jig down to the depth i am fishing and if there is no bite i reel it in verrry slow and usually catch one. unless i'm using a 1/32 oz jig then it is about 50/50 some on the rise and some on the fall.
    EAT, SLEEP, FISH AND LOVE THY WIFE