Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cabela's and Trolling Motor

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Cabela's and Trolling Motor

I got a new trolling motor this spring. I got one that I would get a $60.00 rebate. Waiting for them to bring the motor to the front of the store took a really long time and asking three people what was going on. A manager checked me out and gave me a 10% discount for having to wait so long. I waited to send in rebate and last week--three weeks before the end of the rebate, I couldn't find the sales receipt anywhere. I called them up and talked to someone. I told them my story. They looked up the transaction.(I had paid with credit card.) The woman said she would mail a new receipt. Yesterday I got receipt so, I could finally get everything in the mail.
    I am happy with customer service, and I'm happy with the trolling motor.

Mary

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats what I call customer service the way its suppose to be. I'm glad to hear that there are still a few out there who will go the extra mile and do everything that's possible to give the help that is wanted or needed. So many nowadays just shrug there shoulder or try to get you a manager who is even less knowledgeable and will give you a cockamamie story rather than make an honest attempt. I have always enjoyed shopping at Cabelas.
    "gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!

poppop is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I had something similar like that at Bass Pro in Concord. I was buying a deer feeder, and the one I wanted was like $129.00. I asked someone to bring one up from the back...I waited, waited, waited..and for about 45 minutes...then I told the cashier I wanted to see the manager...he ended up letting me have the feeder for the same price as another one on sale for $99.00 and apoligized. I liked that.

Post Thanks / Like

yea, poppop, thats how long I waited. I am leaning to Cabela's over BassPro. One, I like how Cabela's does their reward points. And two, I have to drive further to BassPro.
    I am lucky that I have both in area. And, I have two smaller flyshops that I visit--I will go there for most fly fishing things, just to support smaller businesses.
    Mary

poppop is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I like Cabelas way better than Bass Pro...the only problem is Bass Pro is 50 miles away and Cabelas is in another state. I order 99% of my stuff through Cabelas.

Post Thanks / Like

How are the reward points different between BPS and Cabelas.

Post Thanks / Like

i like cabelas also but have to order from catalog,have 3 bass pros within driving distance

Post Thanks / Like

I've had really good luck with Cabelas as well. Last year I ordered a pop-up blind before a hunting trip. I got it out of the box several days before the trip to practice putting it together and it was missing some pieces. I called Cabelas and told them what the situation was and they overnighted me a new one to make sure I had it in time for my trip. I was very impressed.
    Goodnight Vienna...Pistols Firing!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Yeah, Cabelas...

is a class act for sure. I have delt w/ BPS a few times and they are good too, but Cabelas is my favorite. I especially like that they put a store in MI., although it's a couple hour drive so I typically end up ordering on line unless I really feel the need to have it in hand before purchase. I usually can find it somewhere to check out, but will buy from Cabelas on my card and earn the points.

They almost put another one over here near Grand Rapids, but ran into some impass w/ township regs or something

Life has many choices, eternity has two...choose wisely.
    Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.

Post Thanks / Like

cabela's has free shipping on trollin motors too, BPS charges for oversize freight.
    Early to bed, early to rise,
    Fish like hell, make up lies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast