Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Asking once again

Post Thanks / Like

Default Asking once again

I am asking once again for some info on the fall brawl. I need an exact location where it is, rules, entry fee, accomadations, that sort of thing. The lake is fairly close to me , so any info would be appreciated. Still waiting on that call crappieseeker. Going tomorrow evening late to see if they are still on.

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy
    I am asking once again for some info on the fall brawl. I need an exact location where it is, rules, entry fee, accomadations, that sort of thing. The lake is fairly close to me , so any info would be appreciated. Still waiting on that call crappieseeker. Going tomorrow evening late to see if they are still on.
    Hey fatboy,I'll get in touch with Don York in the am by phone and he or Crappiepappy will answer by tomorrow. I promise. It is a great tournament with some of the best folks you will ever meet.
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

Fatboy, where are you going fishing at tomorrow, Woods? What time are you going? The only area I know at Woods is Morris Ferry Dock. Thats the place I went with coworkers. If nothing comes up early tomorrow, I may contact you and try to go. Good Luck.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fall Brawl info ...

The only things currently "confirmed" are the lake and the dates. I am waiting on a proof-reading of the Rules/Regs Entry form - and as soon as that is done and confirmed as OK, it will be posted here.

The lake is Watts Bar ... located in East Tenn.
    The dates are: Oct 16th - tournament ..... Oct 17th - Fish Fry Buffet Social
    The weigh-in site is Eden Marina and Campground ... about the mid-lake area of Watts Bar (on the Spring City side of the lake). The fish fry will be held on the grounds at Eden Marina & Campground.
    Accomodations are available at several of the campgrounds/resorts around the lake ... such as Eden Marina & Campground, Arrowhead, Bayside, and others.
    There is NO ENTRY FEE to fish the tournament.... there is, however, a $10/2 man team registration fee - but, ONLY FOR THOSE ANGLERS THAT ATTEND THE FISH FRY BUFFET SOCIAL on the day following the tourney. The tournament is open to all anglers who send in the Entry Form before tournament time. It is not mandatory to attend the Fish Fry (it's just a lot of fun and good food and fellowship) ... all prizes will have been awarded at the weigh-in site, after all entrants have weighed in.
    There is no specific launch site that has to be used ... you may launch from anywhere on Watts Bar Lake ... but you are on your honor to not launch or begin fishing before the specific time posted on the Entry Form. YOU MUST, however, be within the "NO WAKE" area of Eden Marina by weigh-in time - or you will be assessed a penalty or possibly disqualified. You must fish Watts Bar waters ONLY ... no other lakes or waterways may be fished.

Come one, come all - come on ya'll ... 74 more days and we BRAWL !! ................cp

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey Fatboy

Hope you can make it to the Fall Brawl. Watts Bar lake is about 2.5 hours away from the Tim's Ford, Woods Res. area. That is my old stomping grounds, I have spent a many a day on Tim's and Woods both, grew up in that area. We still have some openings here at Eden but I can help with other places as well. I can tell you one thing, you aint never seen crappie till you see Watts Bar crappie, I don't think you will be disappointed. We should be posting the rules and regs any day. Hope you can make it.

Post Thanks / Like

Fatboy, you never told me what time you were gonna go fishing this evening. I would like to go with you. If you get this message before you go, give me a call. If you dont get it before, leave me a message on here to tell me how well you done. If we dont get to go this week, let me know what a good day would be for you to go next week and we will try to go. Like I said, I dont know much about this area, the Winchester Bass Club on Tim's and Morris Ferry Dock on Woods is all I know how to get to. My number is 931-962-0738. Good Fishing to you.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the help cp and don. I have been doing my homework on reservations and the like. I plan on being there. I just have one question. I boat my boat last summer . It is a 1987 18'6 Hydrasports that will absolutely scoot. The problem is, in the rules the "big" motor must have a kill switch. Mine doesn't have one. Can i take that and get it taken care of at my local boat mechanic? I noticed it didn't have one when i bought it and it doesn't even have a hole for a kill switch or the lanyard type for the key. I still have to find a partner since all my buddies green carp fish. Maybe crappieseeker would be interested?

Post Thanks / Like

Crappieseeker i never did get to go. I had to get the yard mowed, trimmed and a few odds and ends around the house. One of them was get my boat cleaned up. I don't want it to be referred to as the Beast II lol. I am off until next monday if you want to hook up early one morning this weekend. I am headed out of here to go wash four houses today and i am not looking forward to the 95 degree forecast. Take care for now.

www.dspressurewashing.com

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default kill switch

Fatboy ... you can have a boat dealer install one - depending on brand of motor, they might have a kill switch setup that will fit your throttle control box - or they may have the aftermarket versions, that they could install.

Do-it-yourself'ers can install some "aftermarket" versions ... you might want to take a look at this site : www.bobsmachine.com/products/controls_safety.cfm
    But, take note --- you'd have to drill a hole in the inside wall of your boat, near the throttle control box. You'd have to have at least 1.5 inches of open space/clearance on the "inside" of the wall, for the switch to fit ... and you'd have to splice into the power wires. So, unless you're "mechanically inclined" and have a hole saw (and the know-how to use them) ... I'd check with a dealer/mechanic and see how much it would run to have them install one. And if your boat WILL "scoot" ... you'll be glad you did !!

Hope you find a partner .... luck2ya .......cp