Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: More Kids Fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Default More Kids Fishing

Sorry, No crappie in this pic. Just my youngest son and one of his friends with an evening full of fun in front of them. It doesn't take a big fancy boat and high dollar equipment to make a kid happy. A couple of zebco 33s, some crickets and worms, and a few hungry bream(and a bass) will make a boys(or girls) day. It works wonders for the Dad too.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

It doesn't take a big fancy boat and high dollar equipment to make a kid happy.
    That is one of the biggest draws to crappie fishing as well. Those two will have that trip in their memories for a long, long time.
    Great job guys!!

Post Thanks / Like

Tell them congrats on nice catch.There isn't anything that warms the heart, more than seeing children smiling and enjoying themselfs. It also helps to keep the sport of hunting, and fishing going

Post Thanks / Like

Great pic. You bet, it's about the fun. I love it when I'm able to take kids fishing
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Nice time with the kids ....perfect timing for the post too .

I just got home from work and the local bait shop( Fisherman's Friend ) had called and asked me for a favor . It seems June 11, 2005 they are having a kids fishing rodeo at the local park and would like for me to help out .
    Eagle Claw is donating alot of prizes and I'm going to help the kids and the weigh in station .

Now if I'm not out of line ( if I am say so ) I'd like to ask if any of you would like to help . This is all FREE for the kids and we'd like to make it a wanderful experience for them . If you have some free time , or even a connection for some prizes please post up or email me .

It has been several years since anything like this was done here locally , so I'm putting off a catfish tourny to try and put the kids back on the banks and out of the streets ... I hope it works.

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to give . :D
    Jim McIntyre
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I wish you were closer DmDuck. I would certainly help out.

I love to take kids fishing. I think that the more we take them fishing the less they are likely to get in trouble. And besides, the memories of good times stay with them and you. I can remember almost every kid I've ever taken fishing.

I never had the kind of father that spent much time with his kids. Consequently, he and my brother and I were always like strangers to each other when we got older. My father is dead now and I'm into my 60's, but I always think about how it might have been.

Can't change the past, but I sure can change the future so any chance I get I get a kid to fishing with me.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Fishnbuddy, I wish you were closer. Best of luck to all the kids at the rodeo, I know a great time will be had by all.

Sure would be nice to see some pics after all is said and done!
    Life is what you make of it...

Post Thanks / Like

Default kids fishing

Fishing club where I worked took our Adopted school kids 13 and under mostly needy kids. Other than my grandkids this was one the greatest things I have done. Most of these kids never had been on the water. When a kid tells you they wish this day would never end with a smile from ear to ear you feel great.
    Today is a great day

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

Love to see the kids fishing. They kids around here argue about who gets to go with me. Last week a kid, 15, came in the yard with his pole and box. He said it was his day. I still forget his name because I had never seen him before or since, not even around the neighborhood.I let him go and he landed a big ole hybrid. He is hooked for sure.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

a kid,a smile, an a fish=unfogetable memories!!good fishin to all!!dennis
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com