Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Southeast Arizona Crappie Fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Default Southeast Arizona Crappie Fishing

Hello folks...I am new to the forum but have been reading all of your posts for about a year now. I have noticed that there are not to many Arizona Crappie fishermen posting on this site so I thought I would finally breakdown, register and let the rest of the world know about the great crappie fishing in Arizona. I mainly fish San Carlos lake (about 1 hour away from my house) and sometimes Roosevelt Lake. San Carlos lake is fantastic for BIG Crappie year-round. I have two boys, one 8 and the other one is 6. I never leave the house without taking at least one of my little buddies with me. They are Crappie Masters and whip me everytime we go out...I love it. It is funny because I don't have a clue what my personal best is but I know theirs. Just to give you an idea…a recent trip we took to San Carlos we came home with 19 crappie (none less than 14 inches). My youngest son caught one that was 16 1/2 inches (I don't know how much it weighted...I don't keep a scale in the boat) and my oldest son caught one that was 17 inches. We caught them on 2" Kalin Grubs Black/Blue/Chart on 1/16 jigs in about 18 to 24 feet of water. Right now the night fishing is great (it is too hot to fish during the day). We went two weeks ago to San Carlos lake and fished from 8:30 PM to 11:00 PM and caught about 45 (came home with 30) all caught on Gulp minnows suspended at 10 feet over 20 – 30 feet of water. I cannot post pictures so you will all just have to trust me but I will make sure to post pictures in the future when I have access to do so. Trust me, I am no expert but we do take our crappie fishing seriously. Anyway...enough writing. I will do my best to post results as often as possible.

TeamCSJE
    Arizona Slab Slayers
    TeamCSJE

Post Thanks / Like

welcome to the board, them is some slabs.

poppop is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

welcome from High Rock Lake, North Carolina