Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Gulp Alive in packages

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gulp Alive in packages

All I can find is in the jars and I would like to get a few different ones and sure don't want to pay $20 for each jar. Anyone know where to buy the packages or is none available? Have no idea if they work or not for crappie. Is the regular Gulp minnows the same one without the juice?
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

The ones in the package are supposed to be the same, just not packed in the rechargeable solution... let us know if you give them a try though, I would be interested in knowing. I have used the maggots and worms from berkley with some success at this point, and if th e minnows work good, I will throw down a little cash for some of them too.
    Dave Courington
    Nitro 640LX

Post Thanks / Like

Gulp and Gulp Alive are the exact same thing, what makes them Alive is the tub and the juice, so don't look for Alive in packages, just look for Gulp. Here is where I get mine. These are good guys and an up and coming online tackle store.

http://www.fishusa.com/Berkley-Gulp-...022FFCBB76FF4F

Personally, I think you get a lot more for your money with the packages. You get 18 2.5 inch baits for $5.50(fewer per pack with the larger sizes), and the tubs have 3 times that many for $20. To me the packs are more convenient, and recharging the bait as they call it doesn't improve their effectiveness. When I'm finished fishing and I still have a usable bait on the hook, I just pull them off and put em in the pack again, and use em later again. I have never noticed a reused one being less effective.

Note - Don't leave them on your jig or hook for any length of time out of the water. They shrink to a small leathery nub that is very hard to get off the hook. Don't throw them back in the packs on hooks or jigs. The metal or something react very poorly in the packs and ruin the baits.
    Last edited by GRIZZ; 06-19-2008 at 12:02 AM.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

I also understand that the Alive are the same as the Gulp you just don't have the "Gravy." Here in Southeast Arizona minnows cost $4.00 a dozen so a few months back I tried the Gulp Minnow (Watermelon/Pearl) and I have had better success than using a live minnow...I love this bait. The only issue is after catching a few they tend to slide down the hook so I started putting a drop of Super Glue on the head of the minnow and it stays on the jig just fine. I even pull the minnow off the hook when I am finished and it tears just a little but nothing to worry about. Drastic prices requires fishing creativity.

TeamCSJE
    Arizona Slab Slayers
    TeamCSJE

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

I have used the package of minnows at a recent tournament. Took seventh place on tipping the minnow on a scrounger lure. Great together in clear water. Very lively looking the crappie were coming to the surface and nailing the bait! Plus I have noticed when I throw to the same spot twice and on the second cast it produces if the first cast didn't... maybe the scent? Just know it works!
    Scott