Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Any Autopilot users? I have questions.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Any Autopilot users? I have questions.

Been looking at these things the past few months and they seem to be ideal for big engine trolling...Anyone with experience or have recommendations about the autopilots, I sure would appreciate input..

Cane Pole
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

bella is offline Moderator TX Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

best trolling motor i've ever owned . very easy to stay over brush piles . no hassel motor.

BIG LEO

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole
    Been looking at these things the past few months and they seem to be ideal for big engine trolling...Anyone with experience or have recommendations about the autopilots, I sure would appreciate input..

Cane Pole
    I have owned 3. The last one was an AP55 with a built in transducer and the co-pilot feature. I think it is an unbeatable motor for trolling. Very reliable and low maintenance. I troll a lot at High Rock Lake and the AP feature can't be beat. I really don't care for the motor in a dock fishing or brush pile situation. It is rather slow on full rotation and the noise it makes while rotating drove me crazy. Isold the Lund boat that this unit was on and the new owner does not troll. He would probably be interested in selling it.

If I could have the AP on one side and a Hand control on the other I would have the best of both worlds. Don't let the slowness of rotation & noise sway you away from this motor. I know several people that love them and don't pay attention to things of that nature.
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole

Cane Pole
    You won't regret it. Go with the 24V if you can. It's easier on the batteries. It sure saves wear and tear on my old legs. I use the PD/AP 65 with a Lowrance X-97. I ordered the X-87 but Cabela's sent me the X-97 for some reason. If I ever want tp locate specks 1500 ft down, I can do it. LOL
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va