Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Power pro

Post Thanks / Like

Default Power pro

I've seen many mentions of power pro line...I've never heard of the line. Is it a type of braid? I'd like to try it. What is the cost and where can it be purchased?

Post Thanks / Like

its about $12 for 150 yards - bps and cabelas carry it as well as most of your tackle stores - some moms and pops stores may not have it because of the price - it is a braid - it is good line - I use it on all my saltwater stuff and have it on a lot of crappie rigs - you got to have a pair of good siscors to cut it and if you get hung you will pull the brush pile to the boat - dont try to pull it out with your hands because to will cut your hands I like the optic yellow because I can see it - addictive fishing web site had it for $7 forr 100 yards but it was tan color only
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wally world carries it too. But like CK said, you don't want to wrap it around your hand to pull it out of a snag.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

I can attest to it's cutting abilities...my hand isn't rated for even 10lb test....go figure.....
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GABoy
    I can attest to it's cutting abilities...my hand isn't rated for even 10lb test....go figure.....
    Sheesh, I don't want to hear that. I was planning on going to 10lb as the 15lb is killing me. I don't know if I can even see the 8lb. LOL
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think the 8 lb will break either, by pulling on it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IBNFSHN
    Sheesh, I don't want to hear that. I was planning on going to 10lb as the 15lb is killing me. I don't know if I can even see the 8lb. LOL

Sorry...it cuts better than a hot knife through butter.....
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation badbrad ...

check out these sites for more info on PowerPro -

http://www.powerpro.com/using/index.asp

http://www.tackletour.com/reviewpowerpro.html

And Cabela's seems to have a better deal than most other "on line" places ... they have 150yds at $12 (+s/h) (moss green, yellow, white ) http://www.cabelas.com/products/Cpod0011779.jsp

BPS is $11 (+s/h) for 100yds ... and only in moss green (at least that's all they show on the on-line store)

I bought my 150yd spool (for $10-12) from a local tackle shop. I bought the 10/2 in moss green, only because it was the smallest lb test they carried (and the only color). It's only slightly easier to see than a low-vis green mono. IF it continues to handle as well as it has for me, so far ... I'm subject to buying some of the yellow, and replacing some of my mono.

Take the advice of the articles - get yourself a pair of Childs Fiskar scissors !! I've only had to break off once .... and I wrapped the line around the graphite Tennessee handle of my Browning/Lews rod. Cork or foam handles will probably suffer "cuts", if that technique is used with them ... not good. ............... luck2ya ......cp

Post Thanks / Like

Default grill mitt

I keep a grill mitt in my boat at all times and make sure I am wearing it when I get hung up while using fireline or power pro. The first time out using fireline my hand was sore for a week after wrapping the line around my hand to try and free my jig on the hangups.
    Ken

Post Thanks / Like

I made the mistake of casting a surf rod with braid on it, without using any protection on my fingers. I only made that mistake once!!
    Life is what you make of it...