Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Jig fishing at night

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jig fishing at night

I enjoy fishing the jig doing the day time but at night haven't had any success. Can anyone give me some pointers,on how to fish the jig during the night with sucess. Thanks.
    LittleJohn

Post Thanks / Like

i use 2 lights 1 is a floating light from walmart, it is just a round headlight in a foam cast that floats on the water. put this light right next to your motor so it is out of the way. the 2nd light is a submersible light i put in about 4 foot of water. after about 45min to an hour you should see fish. the light's bring in the plankton and small fish and big fish (the food chain). i usually use jigs or minnows or both on a tight line. i have put out bamboo crappie condos back in march and just last week i caught over 170 crappie in 2 nights of fishing, but they were all small. just find a bend in the creek channel and setup on the shallow edge on a drop off or a ledge. if you know places that work in the day you should find them not to far away just in deeper water. good luck and send me a personal message if you need any other help and remember the people on this fourm are the best on the web for crappie fishing

by the way i fish yatesville lake in louisa ky. how far away is that from where you are?
    EAT, SLEEP, FISH AND LOVE THY WIFE

Post Thanks / Like

Fish-wva
    I live down here in Paintsville,about 30 miles from Yatesville. I fished Yatesville,Sunday night. Like you said caught a lot of fish but all on the small side. That is the way its been for me last few trips out. Including trips to Paintsville, Dewey. Did bring a few home from Fishtrap last Thursday.
    LittleJohn