Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Truman today

Post Thanks / Like

Default Truman today

Unbelievable high water. 19 feet over pool. Boat ramp is going under and they will probably be launching out of the parking lot. I hear it looks like chocolate milk up in the creeks. Parking lot had three trailers in it. Good thing nobody told the crappie. Temps in the 70-80s, no wind, water color around Bucksaw is about 14 - 16 inches. Beagleman and I went out and spanked 'em. Limits of really nice crappie. They went from 12' down to 15 overnight with the cool evening, and we caught them at 20' this afternoon. Yum beaver tails - black and chartreuse. Had the lake to ourselves. What a great time to be here. I agree with BWillaub (the optimist). Don't listen, just go.
    Jim - Have boat - will travel.

Post Thanks / Like

Wish we were there. Glad to here the crappie didnt take the same day off as you did. Glad you two were able to limt out. I'm thinking we should be up there this weekend some time. Are you going to be around this weekend?

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know yet. Beagle is going home tomorrow and another buddy of mine is coming down tomorrow afternoon. Will fish Thursday and decide then. Part of it will depend on what it takes to get my boat out of the water. May be stuck here a while. Damn the luck.

Post Thanks / Like

WTG drfishjd and Beagle! Let us know how high the water gets.

Post Thanks / Like

Default truman today

So did you launch at Bucksaw?? I read on the COE sight that they will be opening the high water ramp at Shawnee Bend. It has to be getting close to what it looked like last year in July. Is there a lot of debris in the water??
    smile, people always wonder what you are up to

Post Thanks / Like

Good Job guys.:DI heard Osage Bluff has closed thier ramp.
    There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home.

Post Thanks / Like

Long Shoal is closed, put in at the high water ramp at Shawnee Bend. Rigs still using State Park ramp but it looks like its getting flat although wasn't up close to tell for sure. Heard rumors yesterday that COE might start dumping Truman which might make below the dam interesting but with what all if going on with the Missouri / Mississippi its hard to imagine. The COE sight for today shows only marginal releases.

Water color in Long Shoal & Lower Tebo surprised me, more visibility than what I expected. Considerable debris so pick your way carefully if you go. Didn't have long to fish just checking things out but there are still fish to be caught. 9-12' but pretty sluggish yesterday afternoon with no wind and high skies although who could ask for a better summer afternoon. The fish I caught were not aggressive, better fish would hit after it was in front of their nose for a few seconds. If I had the chance to go wouldn't let conditions stop me just be aware of debris while you are moving around and that usable ramps are getting scarce.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks, guys. They are still putting in boats at Bucksaw, but are launching out of the parking lot. There was a good bit of debris in the water this afternoon, but the fishing is still holding in. Got a limit off a tree that Richard Bowling told me about in 1 1/2 hours. Water color is still good. I'm not sure exactly how I'll get my boat out, but I'll worry about that when the time comes. My buddy PossumD came down and we had a slow afternoon. Had a great time though, not many boats and great weather. Just got home and going to hit it tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it.

Post Thanks / Like

Default truman

If anybody gets any pictures from Truman, post them interested to compare it to last summer. Thanks in advance
    smile, people always wonder what you are up to

Post Thanks / Like

Default I told you

It would get better, but no body can hear me. so pay attention

It got better'
    water temp.in the 70's wind light,partly cloudy,water high,and not real muddy, from my place in the boat it was fun, thank you drfish,it was a hoot, good people at the BUCKSAW MARINA,treat you like you want to be treated, one thing Jim forgot to tell you, I didn't out fish him but I got close ,, ha ha, fun time later all

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast