Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Before I Spend The Money

Post Thanks / Like

Default Before I Spend The Money

Can someone tell me a little something about the "Grizzly Method" of fishing as described in the Tim Huffman book? Is it something pretty obvious, or is it really a new technique? I caught 10 bluegills that I could barely get my hand around Friday morning. I caught them on worms in a private pond near my home. Nothing but a slip bobber, a split shot, a #8 hook & a worm.

TIA

Tugaloo

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

A grizzly just wades out into the stream, waits to see a fish swim by and grabs it with his teeth.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Hey Tug .....

Isn't the "Grizzly" method - just using the "Grizzly" products ? (the ad for the book leads me to believe it's a vertical jigging technique with a longpole) His jigs are good looking ... but no more so than Zigs Jigs, Jimbo's Jigs, or those made by P&S Custom Tackle. And they only seem to come in 1/80 & 1/32oz ... definitely aimed at the Bluegill crowd. Not that that's a bad thing ... it's just that I have enough trouble with Bluegills biting my Crappie jigs - and not the "bull gills", either :p
    If I were catching gills of that size - I'd stick with whatever I was catching them on.... which, for me, would probably be wax worms or mealworms from Grubco. I do know that a pop-eye jig with a waxworm, under a small float .... cast around steep cliff walls, at one of my local lakes ... will get me into some pretty decent sized Bluegill, and the occasional Channel Cat. Only other "bait", I know of, that can compete with waxies or mealies ... is the "Horseweed worm" (but they're a late Summer bait). You can read about "them" in this thread ..... http://www.crappie.com/gr8vb3/showth...ight=horseweed

........ luck2ya ...........cp

Post Thanks / Like

Default About this size

CP,
    About this size
    Gerald
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Gerald K4NHN
    Cayce, SC

infishman Guest

Gerald-
    If those fish were in Major League Baseball they'd be banned for life for using mega-steroids!!! Nice fish, really nice fish!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Grizzly fishing is actually a much different method of fishing cypress trees and gill beds like in the Reelfoot Lake area. It does involve using Grizzly jigs of course. I simply love these simple,cheap jigs, but fish them much different than the Grizzly fishing method recomends. You know the deal. If it works, go fer it . lol Mike

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Hey Gerald ....

what did those "crackers" have in their bellies, anyway ? Have they been feasting on the watersnakes in your swamp ?? ...LOL!! Or were they chowing down on the South Cakalaky "swamp skeeters"

Those are some NICE looking Shellcrackers ..... I can only hope that the new little lake here, will produce some of that size - eventually. ....cp

Post Thanks / Like

Default Any Lunck Monday?

GCromer - Did you go after those shellcrackers again Monday? -ToadRunner

Post Thanks / Like

ToadRunner

Yea I did, but only got one more like the big one. one 2.5 pound bass, 1 cat about 3 pounds, but he didn't have a ticket so he couldn't get on board, and 1 small crappie. All on crickets. Can you believe that. Things are getting tuff down there.

I think I need to find a better place to fish.

CP, Here is a picture of what was inside.

Gerald
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Gerald K4NHN
    Cayce, SC

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up I figured as much, Gerald ...

that picture, of the two of them, looked like a male & female.
    Have you ever tried to "smell" the location of a nesting site ? It works for Bluegill, and I've even done it - once I just wonder if it would work for Shellcracker ?? But, don't ask me what a Bluegill nesting colony "smells" like ........ I don't really remember :rolleyes: .........luck2ya ...cp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast