Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Jig Fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jig Fishing

I know there is a product out there that will keep your jig at a perpendicular angle at all times. I have seen it recently but cannot find the site again. It looked like just a piece of clear tube maybe 1/64th or 1/32 size that is put thru the line before you tie on your jig and is slid down over the eyehole and keeps the jig at a perpendicular angle rather than hang down from the end of the line.
    have you seen this product? Or can you just buy a certain size clear hose and cut to fit?

Post Thanks / Like

Tie a good tight knot and that will work fine.

Post Thanks / Like

Default jig angle

Tie a good tight knot and pull it toward the hook.....get hung up alot less too

Post Thanks / Like

I started using the knot wally marhsall shows how to tie on his videos from bass pro. I never was a boy scout so I have no idea what it is called. But this knot (when done properly) leaves a small loop just above the jig. ie. the knot is never tight on the eye. When you hold the jig up out of the water, it hangs down and is in the wrong position. But when you put it in the water it WILL lay perpendicular to the line EVERY time. There is no better knot. All the other ones force you to reset the knot physically each time you get hung or get a bite. Not this Knot. Once I learned it, I never went back .

crappiekid24 is offline Moderator Ice Fishing Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Kman has the best method. Use a loop knot and your jig will hang right everytime.