Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This Week

Post Thanks / Like

Default This Week

.......is looking like it is gonna be a very good one for fishing. Mother Nature has decided to give us a good one.....weather week, that is. :rolleyes: I plan on being out a couple of times this week. Gonna hit Spring Fork again tomorrow. This time with the flyrod for some more of those big gills. Gonna be fishing Clinton Lake in Kansas this weekend with a buddy. Water is high and muddy but crappies and walleyes are being caught. I hope to catch a few eyes while I'm there.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bwillaub View Post
    .......is looking like it is gonna be a very good one for fishing. Mother Nature has decided to give us a good one.....weather week, that is. :rolleyes: I plan on being out a couple of times this week. Gonna hit Spring Fork again tomorrow. This time with the flyrod for some more of those big gills. Gonna be fishing Clinton Lake in Kansas this weekend with a buddy. Water is high and muddy but crappies and walleyes are being caught. I hope to catch a few eyes while I'm there.
    Can I have a cup of that coffee you're drinking? I checked the weather and the report I see in rain, rain, and yes more rain.

Hope you catch some nice ones and the lakes your fishing are out of the rain.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think it's the coffee something stronger. maybe crown

Post Thanks / Like

I don't care what your drinking, it sounds good to me
    "Those who will trade a little liberty for a little security will lose both and deserve neither" Thomas Jefferson

Post Thanks / Like

<<<<<is ever the OPTIMIST!! Gotta be these days. Remember what I said in an earlier post? "Rain or shine, crappie fishing is hard to beat." Will be a BE_YOU_TI_FUL week!

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

I would have to say that flyrod fishing for gills ranks very high with me.
    Sounds like a plan. Down here the rain is supposed to hold out until Thursday.

G.
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

Thot I would report on my flyroddin for bull gills today. Welllllllllllll, I had a
    BLAST!!!!!
    Prolly caught close to 50 or 60 in about 5 hours. Several pushing a pound! My line was broken twice! Was a perfect day. I will be back.
    :D

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Way to go Bob. I have caught some nice ones there on small spinnerbaits. Along the dam is where I had my best luck up there for the bigger crappie. I use to fish it when it was a pay lake. I think it was about $6 for a canoe and fishing for 6 hours. But it was well worth it. Have not been for a few years. Last time I took the two man boat and ran up the creek on the south west side and did pretty well.

Post Thanks / Like

Jared, I've been catching most of the big gills on the South end of the lake. I think it would be a spawning flat under normal water conditions. Now it is about 4 to 6 feet deep. Lots of flooded bushes and trees along the shoreline now. There are mats of some kind of aquatic plant scattered about in the shallower water. Catching lots of crappie dipping the outside edges and holes in those mats. I haven't had this much fun fishing in a long time. Going back out tomorrow if the weather holds. The crappie are loving the Blk/Char Slab Busters. Catching most of the gills with Purple/Chart Slab Busters. The Slab Busters are outperforming tube jigs 8 to 1. Just something about that scent.
    Last edited by bwillaub; 06-18-2008 at 01:12 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed on the SlabBusters, Bob. It's almost the only thing I fish anymore. Congrats on the good day, too!

Although I did just order a few 2" YUM wooly beavertail jigs based on beagle's comments in a thread on the main board. I'm eager to try that larger size.
    - LOZcrappie (Scott)

I would not exchange my leisure hours for all the wealth in the world. --Comte de Mirabeau (1749-1791)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast