Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: too cold?

dmathers1204 Guest

Thumbs down too cold?

went to hoover today but was blanked.I wonder if it was the cold front? Hoover is deep so it must still be too cold. What do you guy's think? did anyone else do any good this weekend?

Post Thanks / Like

I was at Hoover yesterday 5/1 and had an ok day. A buddy and I were up there from 8-2. We fished the North end and got 8 keepers. We worked hard for those 8. Well I should say he did. I didn't get a single fish. He got one that was 12.5" and one that as 14". They were IN the brush. Not next to it or close to it. They were in it.
    Last edited by fishintiger; 05-04-2005 at 11:25 AM.
    fishintiger

Look for me on Ohio Game Fishing I'm fishintiger there too.

Still searching for that 20 inch crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

We had the perfect combination of stuff this past week to kill fishing: A week of precipitation and subnormal temps to drop the water temperature, a strong cold front with high winds, high pressure, and a lousy period in the solunar calendar. It's supposed to warm up this week and we hope to finally do some serious fishing this weekend, but it was sleeting here an hour ago. (Sigh) - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

Post Thanks / Like

Just wanted to post a picture of the 14" crappie that my buddy caught on Sunday up at Hoover. They should be turning on soon with this warmer weather. I'm thinking next week will be the week as long as we don't get any more cold weather or rain.

And here is the total catch of the day.
    fishintiger

Post Thanks / Like

Sears Gamefisher! Must be quite a few of them still around. Miss my old one - fiberglass splinters and all. You should give a shout out to S10 on the Pa. board - he did a nice job with his.

You were fishing some tough conditions, keep hittin' it. Like my fortune cookie said last week, "You will be rewarded for your effort."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Zig
    Sears Gamefisher! Must be quite a few of them still around. Miss my old one - fiberglass splinters and all. You should give a shout out to S10 on the Pa. board - he did a nice job with his.

You were fishing some tough conditions, keep hittin' it. Like my fortune cookie said last week, "You will be rewarded for your effort."
    You know your boats. It was a 12' Sears Gamefisher. The fishing conditions were nothing compared to the trip back to the dock. The wind was blowing at our sides on the way back which meant that the waves would hit the side of the boat and splash on us and into the boat. At one point I think there was enough water in the floor of the boat for the crappies to swim around in. We ended up pulling the plug out and letting the water drain out. It was just a stupid suggestion on my part but it worked. It was a horribly cold ride back to the dock and home.
    fishintiger

Post Thanks / Like

Tiger - I fished out of a Gamefisher for over 15 years. I'd know that boat by feel if I was blindfolded. Not much to them, but they are great boat. I need to find some old pics....................