Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Back on the water.....

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Back on the water.....

Took my time, but got 997 installed on my boat this weekend. In and out the boat with a sore leg sucks.

I made a safety clip for the 997. It is a CYA just in case I drop the unit in the water when removing/installing when boat is on the water. I remove my stuff overnight. 20 years ago, I would not have to worry about it.

Honey and I went for a little boat ride just to try things out. I had my laptop running and the 997 going. It is awesome. I can find anything (but fish).

I wish all of you could take a trip in my boat so you could see this stuff working. It is really neat.

We rode up to Budweiser beach. Not many party people out. North of BB was a slew of Bassturds in those $40,000 boats. They were watching some bass pro dude fish. Geeez. They had a film crew out making movies. I turned on the sidescan to see what he was targeting. Deep water drop with brush.

I mingled in amongst the Bass boats. Got some hard looks. My bass tracker was a little out of place amongst them big plastic boats, except my gadgets were far superior. You would think someone with that much of a boat would have something more than a X47 on the console. I did pick up my jig pole and shake it at them before I put - putted out of their fish hole.

We fished a little. Got a few crappies and gave them away.

Honey caught bunches of little bass at the boat dock. She also caught a 12-15 lb catfish (guess). She was happy.

We were miserably hot and my leg was throbbing, so we came home. Try again next week.

Just to share,

Tom
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry about your pain --glad the 997 worked good
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully most of your pain is over. U do know the 997 will float in water. Seening as I trailer my boat I always remove my 997, bought a $19.95 soft side padded notebook case to keep it in, with nice big handle.Easy to carry & keep extra SD cards in it also(only use sandisk brand cards & never a problem)
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaxsprat View Post
    Hopefully most of your pain is over. U do know the 997 will float in water. Seening as I trailer my boat I always remove my 997, bought a $19.95 soft side padded notebook case to keep it in, with nice big handle.Easy to carry & keep extra SD cards in it also(only use sandisk brand cards & never a problem)
    Ok Jax. Drop yours in the water and test that floating theory out, then let me know. I will then take the clip off.

Take pictures.

Tom

Post Thanks / Like

Canepole,
    I did have one of the screws on my 997 come lose on me the other day( screws will not float) while fishing. They come in pairs and cost $17.00.

www.greenriverlakecrappietrips.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KyTeacher View Post
    Canepole,
    I did have one of the screws on my 997 come lose on me the other day( screws will not float) while fishing. They come in pairs and cost $17.00.

www.greenriverlakecrappietrips.com
    17 bucks...wow you got screwed.:D

Them folks at Humminbird prob never heard of Lock Tite.

That is a totally ridiculous outrageous price. Not even Alla could justify this gouge.

Tom

Post Thanks / Like

Cane Pole, hope the pain goes away. Best of luck with the 997, let us know how it works out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole View Post
    I did pick up my jig pole and shake it at them before I put - putted out of their fish hole.

Tom
    Got a big kick out of this!
    Hope the leg continues to heal well.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mr Cane Pole--Ok Jax. Drop yours in the water and test that floating theory out, Yep did just that when I got it last year while it was still Warrantee, 6 incghes water in basin & it floated. I just had to know for peace of mind, curious devil that I am.
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaxsprat View Post
    Quote Mr Cane Pole--Ok Jax. Drop yours in the water and test that floating theory out, Yep did just that when I got it last year while it was still Warrantee, 6 incghes water in basin & it floated. I just had to know for peace of mind, curious devil that I am.
    Where are the pictures? It's not that I don't believe you.:p

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast