Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Terrible day at the lake.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Terrible day at the lake.

I got the boat out of the shop Thursday but had my brothers wedding to go to Saturday. With the wind I felt I should go to the wedding instead for the lake.
    I went this morning early hoping the wind would be dead. It was blowing of course, I was using jigs and tried everything to get a fish just not in the stars for me I guess not a single crappie. I put in at Monterey park and fishe all of Phopers creek and even tried under the bridge for a while. Got discouraged when I stepped on the American Rodsmith rod and broke off the tip, one week old and $50.00. Boat ran great all day except for rough idleing and would not go into reverse very good. Well got to the ramp and it wouldnt start. Kinda a pisser especially after having it in the shop for the last two weeks.
    I will be talking to the boat shop I sent it to about a fuel leak on the carb.
    I know from now on I will have a couple a dozen minnows when I head out from now on.
    I will also be fishing closer to home the gas for the truck was a bit more than I was used too.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kmatcek

Feel you pain. I rode up to Jackson Hill for a guide trip out of San Antonio and as soon as I got to the ramp, I could see the weatherman lied again. Sat there with the guide for about 3 hours hoping it would die down but never did. One guide (King) made it out in his boat (Center console) and came back in about 2 1/2 hours later with about 40 nice crappies. Don't know where he went but it was good to see the crappie were biting. Hope you get your boat working well.

AJ

Post Thanks / Like

We here in Palestine, Texas, have one of the best boat mechanics in Texas. Not only does he do good work,he guarantees it(much less expensive than avg.). He(Steve Kirby) works out of his home shop at 903-729-1188.