Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: swamp hoppers

Post Thanks / Like

Default swamp hoppers

JUG'O'RUM JUG'O'RUM JUG'O'RUM!!!
    today was opening day for frogs... anybody else go?

The crappie kid and I went down to the swamp!

we had them jumping right in the boat!

thunderstorm scared us away, but we gut a few!!

Post Thanks / Like

Damn storm coming in on our fun........ Cant wait till next time... We need to put a trolling motor on your swamp craft:D
    Take a kid fishing.... They will never forget it..Makiplastic.com

Post Thanks / Like

C'mon now... rifles for froggies? You gotta get yourselves a couple Red-Rider BB guns and do it like when you were kids!!!! LOL!

Seriously, looks like frog legs for dinner - nice mess of 'em you fellers got there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joejv4 View Post
    C'mon now... rifles for froggies? You gotta get yourselves a couple Red-Rider BB guns and do it like when you were kids!!!! LOL!

Seriously, looks like frog legs for dinner - nice mess of 'em you fellers got there.
    trouble with the air guns is the frogs "come back to life" and jump in the mess and you lose them! not all of them, but enough to power up to .22! don't use longrifle or hollow points! blows them away orfifteen feet in the air! .22 shorts works good for me, tried the .22 birdshot before... same results as the air gun...some frogs are tougher than you think all frogs swim good in hot butter and garlic!:D:D

Post Thanks / Like

Hehehe... yeah, I'd imagine a .22LR hollow point on a frog would be a lot like a deer slug on a rabbit - not a lot left when you're done :D

I really don't have a problem with rifles for froggies - just wanted to bust your chops a little

We used to get our "eating" frogs gigging at night. Seemed like there were a lot more of the big ones out at night.

Looks like you guys had fun and had some good eats when you were done. They sure do swim good in hot butter & garlic!!!!

By the way... Howdy from a another proud 315'r (i think only us 315'rs and folks close-by know what that means) :D
    Last edited by joejv4; 06-16-2008 at 11:18 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

We always did it down south with spears and metal poles at night.
    It's been a while since I've had frog legs, they are mighty tasty.
    Flour, salt, pepper, and hot grease, YUMMMMMY. :D
    Tap!, Fish On!
    99.9% C&R fisherman
    NAFC Life Member & field tester
    Take a child fishing today, for smiles that last a lifetime.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by camofish View Post
    We always did it down south with spears and metal poles at night.
    It's been a while since I've had frog legs, they are mighty tasty.
    Flour, salt, pepper, and hot grease, YUMMMMMY. :D
    i always remember going at night when i was a kid also...not sure when or why the law changed...but we are stuck froggin in the daylight, or wearing silver bracelets

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Saudal

Okay (Newbie here with frogs)....I have heard that frog legs taste like chicken, It just so happens ..... I grew up eating a lot of chicken.....:D, but I guess my question (out of ignorance) do you skin the legs before you eat them??
    ALSO what sauce do you use, hot sauce etc...

I had a bud that I would go fishing with when I was in the Navy, we would go to the river in Arizona, he would tell me about shinning headlights on bullfrogs and scooping them up in a 5 gallon bucket, and after filling up the bucket, enjoy succulent frog legs. I though he was $%#&^ with me until I saw your post
    I would genuinely like to know if you don't mind.
    Do KFC need to worry?
    mike (papermouth scaler)

it's cold.. it's raining....it's too windy...
    "fish on!!!"
    (What a great day for fishing) lol.

Post Thanks / Like

frog legs taste like FROG LEGS!:D thats like saying alligator or rattlesnake tastes like chicken! i like to keep the skin on for protection in the freezer, but take it off to eat it. we have tried all sorts of sauces, b-b-q, cajun, beer batter , everything you can think of! all very tasty...but my personal fav has to be garlic and butter. althoughi know a hillbilly that can make realy good buffalo style frog legs! they are kinda like buffalochicken wings, but frogs so its better! lots of small bones in them little tasty snacks, but the meat peals off clean and white, FROG....THE OTHER WHITE MEAT!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaudalPeduncle View Post
    frog legs taste like FROG LEGS!:D thats like saying alligator or rattlesnake tastes like chicken! i like to keep the skin on for protection in the freezer, but take it off to eat it. we have tried all sorts of sauces, b-b-q, cajun, beer batter , everything you can think of! all very tasty...but my personal fav has to be garlic and butter. althoughi know a hillbilly that can make realy good buffalo style frog legs! they are kinda like buffalochicken wings, but frogs so its better! lots of small bones in them little tasty snacks, but the meat peals off clean and white, FROG....THE OTHER WHITE MEAT!
    Well how did you and Hillbilly do yesterday?:D
    Take a kid fishing.... They will never forget it..Makiplastic.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast