Hi everyone,

I just recently posted over on the Virginia board (home) and wanted to say hello to the "Crappie Universe" and get some advice. I have not fished in years and find myself struck with the desire to enjoy the sport again and more specificaly Crappie Fishing! Anyhow, I will need to travel light and compact as most of my fishing will be off the bank to and from work via motorcycle and public transportation.

Having said that a compact rod (sectional or telescopic) and reel are first in order. I was over at Bass pro looking at the Wally Marshall Deluxe Crappie Reel and the Uncle Buck's Deluxe Crappie Reel. The only thing other then ignorance that is holding me back is price. I don't want to spend more then I need to but after spending a lot more on other equipment I am worried about the quality of these budget priced reels. Am I other thinking this or is there better choices that will stand up better over time? How about Rods? I need something that is fairly compact when not in use so if these reels are good what rod would best match there use?

As you might have figured at this point most of my fishing adventures will be catch and release so a very simple kit as far as gear is required at this point. What are the basics I should have along for my fishing pleasure/excitement? I know everyone has there own opinion on these matters but would love to hear from everyone and compile what best works for me in to a kit ready to roll ASAP.

Thanks,
Adrian
[email protected] :D