Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: High Water

Post Thanks / Like

Default High Water

Ok...So I am here in Kansas and there is not a lake near me that is less than 4ft high right now, with most 6-8. Typically in times like this I will focus on smaller lakes that may have a run off keeping the lake fairly stable. However this weekend I already had plans to head out to a lake that just got 2" of rain overnight and it went from 2ft high to 4ft high and rising. Its mostly a brushpile and ledge lake, with only one big cove with trees. With so much rain and the lake rising what tactics would you consider?

Post Thanks / Like

A lot of rain and a fast rise will normally send a fish a little shallower than normal. If the fish are normally in say 10 ft start off in 7 ft and work around from there.

Post Thanks / Like

Your'e lucky. The lake I usually fish is 49 feet high. The second is 25, the third is 10 and the forth is 6. Thinking about going to Tn. At least the water is normal.

Post Thanks / Like

Whoa!! 49ft high! Yikes! We have a couple around here 20ft high, but nothing close to 49. I think the plan is just to do some slow trolling tandem jigs and a KY rig. I have a feeling the fish are going to be scattered so that would be my best bet. Might troll a couple cranks as well. Might work in that dirty water.