Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fishing 6-10-08

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing 6-10-08

Fishing conditions were less than ideal yesterday. It was suppose to be an ideal day but than the weather decided to change. It started to be a good day but then it turned out to be a blue bird sky's day, and then the wind came up and blew us off the lake. That was the muddiest I have ever seen this lake before. It was the color of Chocolate milk. All the fish that we caught were very light colored and the White Crappie we could barely distinquish the lines on them. We caught Crappie, Bass, Walleye, Bluegill, Catfish, and a couple of Drum. Everything came off of the bottom or very close to it. We tried several jigs but the only one that got a hit was a 1/16th RR Maribou Chartreues head with white body. They wasn't hitting it hard enough to get caught. All the fish we got came off a minnow on the bottom but had to be moving they didn't want it sitting still. We kept 3 crappie, 2 bass, 1 catfish and 1 drum.
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

Kinda lonely on the Nebraska board. Where you from? I grew up in Waverly and fished Branched Oak and Pawnee mostly with my dad. I only miss it during hunting season.

Fishing has been tough this spring on the NE Kansas reservoirs. High water has closed many boatramps. The water is high, muddy, and full of trash...sigh

Looking forward to fall crappie bite..

Regards,

Brent
    Remember "I" before "E," except in Budweiser

Post Thanks / Like

I am from Papillion on the South side of Omaha. I use to fish Branched Oaks in the spring for Walleye. I fished Pawnee once and that was enough. That lake is over run with Lake Lice. couldn't get your boat upon plane, there was so many of them on the water.
    We have had high water here all Spring too. The water has been very high and muddy. A lot of food has been washed into the lake and the fish are scattered because the sun light can't penetrate the water which pins them to some structure. I usually jig trees and ledges but have been doing a lot of trolling this year to find any fish which are lower than normal for this time of year. Most of the fish I have been getting have been pretty close to the bottom so are getting a lot of other spiecies too. I would love to try spider fishing but we are only allowed 2 rods apiece in Ne. If I take a couple of guys with me I will side drift and run the rods out the side so we can have a wider spread, and use the trolling motor to keep the boat drifting straight. We will put different colors of jigs on and a minnow or 2 and see what they hit on. We have done the best on live minnows so far.
    Tuff
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p