Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Incoming

Post Thanks / Like

Default Incoming

I'm headed to Monterey in the next few days for the next 18 months and wondered if anyone out there might point me in the direction of some fish. Never fished California before. I'm coming from the Holy Grail of crappie, North Mississippi (Arkabutla, Sardis, Enid and Grenada lakes) so I'm kind of nervous about finding fish. Don't have a boat, but still try to fish as much as possible. Do I have a shot at any specks in the Monterey region?

Post Thanks / Like

Check the panfish forum on www.fishsniffer.com. It is a NorCal board. If you get down to San Diego, yell.
    Jim (Ike) Isaac - San Diego CA

Purveyor of sea stories, fish tales
    and other prevarications.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Navy, welcome to California. I’m not to familiar with fresh water fishing in the Monterey area. It is more known for its salt water fishing. I have driven up there and go out an the party boats looking for salmon or rock fish. Very important READ the California Fish and Game regulations carefully. They can be confusing sometimes. The local tackle shops can point you in the right direction. Also get a copy of the Western Outdoor News there is a lot of information in there that you can use.

Gonefission
    Bill

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey NC, I know it's gotta be tough moving across the country like that but look at it like just trying another new lake in a bordering state. Read up on the rules and get ya a box of worms and a few minnows and hit the water. After fishing in the south I know you'll figure out what's available to catch and you'll figure 'em out fairly quick!
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.