Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3D Image explained better...

Post Thanks / Like

Default 3D Image explained better...

OK what I did was take one of the pics that I posted of this area and now I took it and put some color lines on it to explain it better, I hope.

The yellow lines are the tree lines approximately. The green line is the boat lane. Where you see the red arrow that little peak is a what I call sunken Island. Meaning if the lake is down say 5'-6' there will be an Island showing up with big stumps on some of it. It drops off all around except the left rear where it is sort of a flat with Hydrilla. It drops off to about 25'-30' around it. The tree line at the bottom of the photo is about 21'-22' and dropping off more as you move away from the bottom.

I have fished this spot day and at night for over 38 years so I know if pretty well. The top of this little sunken Island is about 20'-30' wide and about 40'-50' long +-.

Skip

Now the pic all colored up, LOL....
    Name:  DSC01925.JPG
Views: 351
Size:  139.2 KB
    Last edited by skiptomylu; 06-10-2008 at 06:08 PM.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

First of all thanks for the schooling skip! This is your lcx.27c low Impressesive at that.
    Now comes the dumb questions from me? Your running a program? Your not actually in the water? Reason why i ask is i would like to see a brush pile on a drop with your unit. Or just some fish or /brush pile/both! I would like to know more about this unit. tell me if iam rong please I see your coord. but have few questions!! And will admit iam not the slickest card in the deck when it comes to some things but iam following your posts the best i can thanks.RFY
    Reel foot yankee

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ReelfootYankee View Post
    First of all thanks for the schooling skip! This is your lcx.27c low Impressesive at that.
    Now comes the dumb questions from me? Your running a program? Your not actually in the water? Reason why i ask is i would like to see a brush pile on a drop with your unit. Or just some fish or /brush pile/both! I would like to know more about this unit. tell me if iam rong please I see your coord. but have few questions!! And will admit iam not the slickest card in the deck when it comes to some things but iam following your posts the best i can thanks.RFY
    Let me put it like this....this 3D is a GPS top down view map. It also has sonar which will show fish as an arch or if you at not moving it has the fish ID feature and will show the depth of each fish. It is not a side scan like Huminbird, but it's sonar is better than Humminbird (IMHO), but no picture of brush or fish.

It is color GPS & Sonar and has a 7" screen with 640x480 pixels and here is a link...
    http://www.lowrance.com/en/Products/...lotter-Combos/

You can do a split screen with the 3D map and sonar at the same time.

You can get the same unit with a hard drive, but I didn't want that since I like the Navionics maps and don't need a hard drive for that.

The Platinum Map with 3D is what is new. I already had a map with HD that has 1' contour lines.

Hope this helps.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks again Skip! Top down view map sticks in my mind! cool. I dont no that it would be a good investment for a shallow water lake that has limited contour( Lim. Con. just my oppionion) When refering to lake reelfoot. Very shallow body of water at that.You have stated sonar better then H.B. then hummingbird in which way, Pixel wise /chip wise,$$ wise? Off the top of your head if i was going to purchase one around how much is the purchase price, If you dont mind me asking? Just a round about figure from smallest screen size up. This is a reel imprssive unit and thanks for your help.RFY
    Reel foot yankee

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey Skip

What unit is this? I missed out on something. I been on some feel good stuff last couple days.

Tom
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ReelfootYankee View Post
    Thanks again Skip! Top down view map sticks in my mind! cool. I dont no that it would be a good investment for a shallow water lake that has limited contour( Lim. Con. just my oppionion) When refering to lake reelfoot. Very shallow body of water at that.You have stated sonar better then H.B. then hummingbird in which way, Pixel wise /chip wise,$$ wise? Off the top of your head if i was going to purchase one around how much is the purchase price, If you dont mind me asking? Just a round about figure from smallest screen size up. This is a reel imprssive unit and thanks for your help.RFY
    Humminbird has the side scan which Lowrance does not have yet, but as I understand it is coming. However their regular sonar is not as good technically speaking as Lowrance.

Here is all the Lowrance GPS/Sonar units and I guess just sonar if you wan that. I love having both so you can mark you spots. If you get one, get a color unit and I would try to stay with the 5" Screen models at the smallest, but that is just me. Mine is a 7" screen and is on sale for about $750 and up.

Then you need some kind of map chip like Navionics and if you don't need 3D then just get the premium or even lower model.

It is one of the tings you should research some and try to see them in action to know what you want. If you don't need the 3D then you can save like $50 on your map chip.

Is that the only lake you fish? Also look at the lakes they have on the hip in your area. On the premium maps the hole country is divided into like 5 chips for all of it. Where the one I have with HD and 3D is only half of Texas.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole View Post
    What unit is this? I missed out on something. I been on some feel good stuff last couple days.

Tom
    Tom it is the LCX 27C, but the 3D part is the new Navionics Platinum Lake map. It is pretty cool, but you also still have the 1' contour map in HD for a lot of lakes like Toledo Bend and Sam Rayburn. Actually these 2 lakes are the only lakes I fish so I get both with all on this map SD chip. The unit is not new.

I posted other pictures if you look a little farther down the board.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skiptomylu View Post
    Tom it is the LCX 27C, but the 3D part is the new Navionics Platinum Lake map. It is pretty cool, but you also still have the 1' contour map in HD for a lot of lakes like Toledo Bend and Sam Rayburn. Actually these 2 lakes are the only lakes I fish so I get both with all on this map SD chip. The unit is not new.

I posted other pictures if you look a little farther down the board.

Skip
    I have been looking at that unit for the front. Got a 102c now. Screen not big enough.

Lowrance has a better screen than Humminbird.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your help skip!!
    RFY
    Reel foot yankee

Post Thanks / Like

I just looked at the top down photos and that is pretty awesome too. It shows the land and water with pictures and the contour lines and trails you put on are showing too.

Pics tomorrow,
    Skip

Peak Vise Dealer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast