Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappie Masters at Rathbun

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie Masters at Rathbun

Well who went and how'd you do? My dad and I got 4th which we were pretty happy with. We lost 2 fish that maybe would of put us in 2nd. We also had to cull 2 that died due to being gill hooked which would of probaly gave us 3rd but thats the way it goes. All in all it was a fun experiance. The best part of the day was my 7 yr. old son tied for 1st at the kids contest. Fishing wasn't easy but we probly had around 30 for the day just no biguns. I do beleave I'll give it another go round next year.

Post Thanks / Like

Default crappie masters

My wife and I fished and only caught 4 fish, she was mad when I threw the first one she caught back in.Sorry, I couldn't keep a 6" fish, no matter what.
    We had a tough day but at least we caught some, several teams didn't catch any crappie. We fish the tourney each year and don't get very close to first but we have fun trying.
    We will head back over tomorrow to enjoy the rain and hopefully some more crappie.
    Fishing is a way of life. Teach your grandchildren to fish, hunt and enjoy the outdoors

Post Thanks / Like

congrats on your 4th place.
    Fishing is a way of life. Teach your grandchildren to fish, hunt and enjoy the outdoors

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. You must be the couple with the really nice Ranger with duel seats up front, I'd love a set up like that. We almost passed you on the road going to wiegh in cause we new we'd never pass you on the water lol. It was a fun day, with it being a major next year think it'll double in size? I hope they start getting the turn out they want.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jwn View Post
    Thanks. You must be the couple with the really nice Ranger with duel seats up front, I'd love a set up like that. We almost passed you on the road going to wiegh in cause we new we'd never pass you on the water lol. It was a fun day, with it being a major next year think it'll double in size? I hope they start getting the turn out they want.
    Nope no ranger here, just a Tracker Targa 17'er.
    we came in 19th, better than last but not by much.
    One day we will win....
    I hope it will double next year, its a good lake to fish.
    maybe then I'll get enough help to figure out where they are.
    We were over this weekend and couldn't find them again.
    3 a day is all we are good for.
    A bad day fishing is better than a good day at work....

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a pic of the crappie that I catch at Rathbun.

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/h...2/100_1375.jpg

This is the crappie that I catch at Rathbun.