Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: After the monsoon, what to do

fiddlefarter is offline Moderator Crappie Cover Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Mt. Juliet, TN...Percy Priest Lake/Old Hickory Lake
    Post Thanks / Like

Default After the monsoon, what to do

It rained about 2 inches last night and I can't stand being inside. I know the water will be up in the trees some and muddy by this afternoon. I have to go fishing cause I haven't been crappie fishing in almost 2 weeks. Any suggestions other than using minnows and bright jigs? The last time I went the fish were pretty shallow and I assume the males were workin' on beds but the weather has been a lot cooler since and I assume the water has cooled a little. I guess I'm just ramblin'. I'll probably put the spider rig on and drift minnows until I find fish thats about all I know to do. But I was wondering if I should try workin' a minnow up in the bushes?
    Ya ain't holdin' your mouth right.

Post Thanks / Like

Fiddlefarter--same Thing Here!! The Wolf Looks Like The Mississippi,lol!! A Few Catmen Going Out But Thats About It.went Down To Pump My Boat Out This Am--had About 6" In It!!i"d Assume The Crappie Went To The Closest Deep Water-good Luck!! Good Fishin To Ya!!dennis
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

fiddlefarter is offline Moderator Crappie Cover Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Mt. Juliet, TN...Percy Priest Lake/Old Hickory Lake
    Post Thanks / Like

I ended up with 5 keepers. 3 I caught on a creek channel drop about 8'. 2 I happened across. I went out to check a 9'-13' flat next to the river channel. While I was putting my rods out the wind pushed me over the river channel drop After I had my rods out I hit the trolling motor to get back to where I wanted to fish and bam one went down. 20' of water, suspended at 8'. Drifted around and caught another about that deep in 15'. Its hard to me to catch 'em suspended like that. I worked the drop pretty good and didn't have a hit. They were just out in the open not holding to any type of structure or cover. Least I didn't see any on the eye in the water.
    Ya ain't holdin' your mouth right.

Post Thanks / Like

In deep water you got to sink or swim