Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crappie Slayers Tournament - Truman

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie Slayers Tournament - Truman

Here's my proposed trial schedule for 2008 on Truman Lake.

July 27th - Osage Bluff
    Aug 23rd - Bucksaw
    Sep 27th - Truman State Park

If everything goes well we'll have a full schedule next year with a points race. If you would like a flier with all the info please send me a pm with your NAME & ADDRESS! I will take all the help I can get with passing out fliers, if you are interested in taking a handful of fliers to your favorite bait shops, tackle stores, etc. please let me know.

It is hard to determine which areas to launch from, however with it already being this late in the year the schedule of other tournament dictates where one must start. As well when I look at the map I notice State Park, Long Shoal and Sterett Creek are all in a similar location. I hope the three areas - Osage Bluff, Buckwsaw & Truman State Park - will be good areas to draw fisherman. They will cover the Pomme arm, Grand Arm and from State Park one can go which ever direction they want. The only major arm missed is the Osage - perhaps next year at Berry Bend or Talley Bend.

Here's the rest of the info:

All touney's are from 7:00 AM - 2:00 PM
    Two person teams - any combination
    Pays 1 in every 5 boats
    Entry Fee $40 boat plus optional $10 big crappie
    Mandatory Live well checks

Rules:
    1.Participation is open to all. Entry date and time will determine boat position.
    2.Tackle and Equipment: All artificial baits, lures and live bait may be used. All fish must be caught on rod and reel.
    3.All participants are expected to follow high standards of sportsmanship and must comply with ALL Missouri Department of Conservation laws and regulations. Life jackets must be worn while on plane.
    4.Participants are allowed to fish anywhere on tournament lake except 10 yards from another competitors boat. Participants must fish with at least on foot on the boat.
    5.Final results and prize money will be determined by the pounds and ounces of each boats catch during the tournament. Only crappie will be weighed. A 9” minimum length on each fish with a boat limit of 10 fish. The penalty for a short fish will be the loss of that fish plus 6 ounces. Any crappie that appears to have been mangled, mashed, mauled, altered, frozen or iced will result in immediate disqualification.
    6.In case of a tie the winner will be determined by the biggest fish, if need be the second biggest fish, etc.
    7.Check in late penalty: Participants who are not in the official check-in area at the appointed time will be penalized 1 pound per minute to be deducted from the team’s total weight. Any competitor more than 10 minutes late will be credited with no weight.

Hopefully next year we can fish from: Osage Bluff, Berry Bend, Sterret Creek, State Park, Bucksaw, Long Shoal, Windsor Crossing??? Please let me know your favorite area to launch and we'll do the best we can.

Thanks,

Brad
    Can You Find, "LIMITVILLE!!!" :D

Post Thanks / Like

PM sent Brad.:D
    There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home.

Post Thanks / Like

pm sent too

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good, whats your payback percentage?
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds great.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good, looking forward to it. Sent A Pm thanks
    smile, people always wonder what you are up to

Post Thanks / Like

The pack back is 75%. My wife doesn't mind if I put on tournaments, however when tournaments start costing me money to put on she gets a little upset. The 25% covers the cost of advertising, plaques and various things (scales, weigh in board, etc..). I've never made any money putting them on, that is not my interest. If we start getting several boats then the payout percentage will go up.

I intend to put on a well run, fisherman friendly tournament where a group of crappie anglers can enjoy themselves and have a wonderful time. It provides an opportunity to gain insight and develop friendships with others in our sport. The payouts obviously depend on the number of boats. I pay 1 in 5 and use a scale, similar to what is used in poker tournaments, to determine the percent paid to each place. I like to see as much money as possible put back in as many different anglers hands as possible.

I don't run my tournaments for anyone to strike it rich. Just to have a good time, a few bragging rights and for anglers to pick up a few extra bucks to spend at their favorite tackle store!

Thanks,

Brad
    Can You Find, "LIMITVILLE!!!" :D

Post Thanks / Like

Great PM sent your way.

Post Thanks / Like

Brad that sounds great. Send us some fliers and we will do our best to spread them around.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pole Bender View Post
    Great PM sent your way.
    Dammit, Bender! Now I gotta come up with a great PM of my own.:rolleyes:

Even "GREATER" PM sent your way, Brad.:D

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast