Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: " The Defectors"

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy " The Defectors"

I've been reading some of the post about motors and have found out that some of my "Old School" buddies have gone over to 4-strokes. CanePole, Gerald K4NHN, IBNFSHN & others. How do you know you are fishing if you don't smell burned oil from a coughing,belching,sneezing, rough idling Johnson 140 2-stroke?
    You folks are not setting a good example for the younger folks on our board...lol...I can't imagine getting in a "boat", cranking the motor & it sounding like a Toyota Camry. How depressing. Oh well, are there any "old schoolers" left?

Just a wet, cold & windy Saturday morning thought.....I need a Valium!!!
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

I switched to 4 strokes a few years ago. It sure is a nuisance with no smoke or smell. Everytime I launch my boat and leave it warming up at the dock while I park my truck, I have to keep walking back thinking the motor stalled because there's no cloud of smoke around it. LOL! Oh, did I mention that it uses half the gas? Gotta keep tapping the gas gauge figuring it's stuck!

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink Now Donny ....

no need for a "chill pill" .... just get yourself a shot glass full of Blackies "truth serum", and you'll soon be seeing the Sun (well, some "stars" anyway :rolleyes: )

My Yammy is a 2stroke ... and Paul's "black anchor" is a 2stroke (or, more correctly, it's survived its 2nd stroke ... whatever). So I guess we still qualify as "old schoolers" .... :D ............cp

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

i have a 1979 2 stroke it doesent cough or spit but is noisey .
    when i crank it i know my wife is in the boat . she yell at me THIS THING IS SMOKING especialef when the went is blowing it into the boat . this happends ever time
    retired and now i will always fish

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DonG
    I've been reading some of the post about motors and have found out that some of my "Old School" buddies have gone over to 4-strokes. CanePole, Gerald K4NHN, IBNFSHN & others. How do you know you are fishing if you don't smell burned oil from a coughing,belching,sneezing, rough idling Johnson 140 2-stroke?
    You folks are not setting a good example for the younger folks on our board...lol...I can't imagine getting in a "boat", cranking the motor & it sounding like a Toyota Camry. How depressing. Oh well, are there any "old schoolers" left?

Just a wet, cold & windy Saturday morning thought.....I need a Valium!!!
    I'm still hanging in there with you Don. New carpet and furniture won out over my new motor. I guess I'll have to keep Ole Smokey for a few more years.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

on my old boat I thought my fishing partners just couldn't hear over the engine noise - but since I got my new boat I know now they just can't hear - they need hearing aides - my only problem with the 4 stroke is I don't have an excuse to tell my wife I didn't hear you....
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

fiddlefarter is offline Moderator Crappie Cover Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Mt. Juliet, TN...Percy Priest Lake/Old Hickory Lake
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a johnson 150 2 stroke. I like the fact if I leave it running to warm up while I park the truck, there won't be as many pesky mosquitos to bite while I'm fishing. I have switched to synthetic oil and that cut down on some of the smoking.
    Ya ain't holdin' your mouth right.

Post Thanks / Like

i will keep my 2 stroke also it is old but runs great

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Bought a new Rager last year with a new four stroke. I HATED IT! Dealer couldn't get it set up right. Called Ranger and they said, "Yea, we had the same trouble." So dealer and Ranger put me a Yamaha HPDI on. I would consider them to be "two stroke lite". Less smoke-better milage-same great hole shot and speed. I'm sorry I went to the dark side but I saw the light and have redeemed myself!
    The only way to have a good fishing spot is to make it yourself!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast