Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Route J Lake-Monroe City area

Post Thanks / Like

Default Route J Lake-Monroe City area

Has anyone ever fished this lake for crappie? I know it takes a certain size lake for the MDC to stock crappie in, and sometimes people stock crappie in these lakes themself (illegally). Has this lake been officially stocked? I fished it for the first time today, and I like it, since you're allowed to idle with the big motor. It's a nice alternative to Twain on days that are supposed to be windy.

Post Thanks / Like

The city of Monroe city ownes it and mdc took over contol of it a few years back,I dont believe mdc has stocked it.It does have some good gills in it,fish around the duck blinds and watch out for mr no shoulders sunning on them.
    Jig & Ellie are my green headed corn grinder finders.

R.I.P Jig dog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DEADEYE View Post
    It does have some good gills in it,fish around the duck blinds and watch out for mr no shoulders sunning on them.
    LOL you fella's ain't scared of a little ole snake are ya.
    There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home.

Post Thanks / Like

Nah- I ain't skeert. I saw several of them swimming around Sunday- one got to the bank and proceeded to wind his way up into a tree hanging in over the water. The number of poisonous snakes in that part of the state are overstated anyway- usually just regular old northern watersnakes.

I did catch a big catfish on a bass jig- it took me for quite the ride- I estimated him to be 10-12 pounds. The funny thing was, he had a big ole cut on his bask about 4 inches long and three inches deep- apparently where an outboard prop sliced his back open- he still has plenty of fight in him for being so buggered up though! I saw one guy fishing minnows across from the ramp- couldn't tell if he was doing any good though.

Post Thanks / Like

i was there sunday also. Only thing i caught was a bass that was 11 inches and a nice sun burn on my shoulders. No luck for crappie though. I seen the guys that were fishing that club tournament and they all had each had a few bass. What boat did you have?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shaveme View Post
    i was there sunday also. Only thing i caught was a bass that was 11 inches and a nice sun burn on my shoulders. No luck for crappie though. I seen the guys that were fishing that club tournament and they all had each had a few bass. What boat did you have?
    I had a Black Aluma-Weld (Gold lettering) H-51 and was fishing solo. I caught a 18" and 15" bass- didn't try for crappie that day. I didn't want to try Twain due to the forcast of big wind- plus I like to try the smaller lakes for variety.