Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: midwest guy comin up north, need some help.

Post Thanks / Like

Default midwest guy comin up north, need some help.

hey guys im from kansas and comin up to wisconsin at the end of june. i was wondering if any of you guys fish or know anything about stone lake? any help appreciated

thanks,
    drew

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hi Drew

There are several "Stone" lakes in WI. Which county is it in? I don't think I ever fished Stone lake but I can proably get some info. on the lake for you if you know the county its in. I have a book listing all the lakes, depths, species etc-etc. and maybe I fished a lake near it.

Post Thanks / Like

i think its on the edge of washburn and soyer. any help appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

I was on Stone lake yesterday yes the one by Washburn and Sawyer county in Stone Lake WI. We caught 2 big smallies 15" and 18" in about 5 feet of water they are still on the beds spawning, please catch and release spawning bass. We were actually trying for blue gills but couldn't find any decent size ones. Very clear sterile water not many weeds, the fish mainly suspend and roam, I have only fished the lake a few times but have never caught a crappie there. I hear it is good walleye fishing. Make sure you get a good lake map and maybe try some night fishing, there is not much cover or structure and like I said gin clear water. If the bass are still spawning you can have a ball catching them in 10 to 3 feet of water, we were using small jigs with a plastic grub and 4 lb test line. Lots of fun with ultra light tackle.

Post Thanks / Like

i dont keep many fish so dont worry about that. thanks for the info and i hope to get into some walleye and smallmouth, never caught a smally before. were stayin two nights in cumberland, i dont know if you know anything about any of the lakes around there but any help is much appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Dont feel bad im in the same boat! been here 3 years and i havent been everywere yet.
    Been slaming the crappie and bluegill at kielso ramp along rock quary. Theyre's a line of stickups tending deep water, also the boathouse or shack im shooting 1.5 electric chicken's Crappie assasins or black and grey shads catching fish on the fall. "

CrappieDale"