Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: first nightstalk trip this year

Post Thanks / Like

Default first nightstalk trip this year

well me and my silent partner went out to lake jacomo friday evening to start off our nightstalking adventure's hoping we would find the same thing as we did last year. well it was pretty productive. the first time we went out last year was july 2 so we were about 3 week's ahead this year. went and tried our spot's from last year graphed fish, put the light's out and nothing the first 2 hour's. it was pretty windy so we decided about midnite to go and try a couple spot's we had marked last year with little success, but they were out of the wind. head'd over there and got out of the wind anchored and threw our crappie light's out and caught 2 right off the bat. nice 12 incher's which is really good for jacomo. couple of my buddie's were out there and anchored right by us and about 2:30 they turned on pretty good. we ended up with 22 keeper's, 9-12 1/2 inches. my buddie's caught 16 keeper's as well. could'nt buy a bite on a minnow. they were lovin bass assassin dark red body with a chartruse belly and of course a nibble. only caught one on a minnow. we were fishing a rock ledge in 38 feet of water catching them 18-22 feet down. they were hit'n really lite. everyone was a spawned out female. all in all a great nite for our first time out. we stayed out on the water until almost 5. did'nt take any pic's did'nt have my camera and ed took the fish, next time though. just thought i'd give a report. i really enjoy nightfishing. seem's to be more relaxing and no sunburn, which is good. good fishing to all!
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default night stalking

hey crappieslayer, please educate me on this night time crappie fishing. What
    kind of light were you using? Is the light submersible? How deep ? Do you fish above the light?
    Sounds like fun, I wonder if it would work on Truman?
    Thanks,
    speckcatcher
    speckologist

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Jeff sounds like a good evening out for all, I have to agree with you the night time fishings is the quiet time of fishing no or not to many boats out at night. nice mess of fish to make the night eaven nicer.. later man

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Speck catcher Truman is a great place to fish under the lights at night. It can be some of the fastest action you will ever experience in crappie fishing. Some of the guys at work are planning a weekend trip right now. They are wanting to have a 24 hour tournament. Like 7 one night until 7 the next night. Should be a lot of fun.

Post Thanks / Like

Way to go Jeff. I have been looking for a silent partner for a long time. Heck you even found one who catchs fish. I know a place on Truman that can be real good in July and August. If you and your partner want to come down to the big waters of Truman let me know.

Post Thanks / Like

wtg slayer,,,btw you neglected to mention the 30 pack of liquid and the sub grub,,sounds like a good time had by all
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

thanx guy's...hey fuzz all we got was a 12 pack of mountain dew. had to drive so skip'd the 30 pack. however we did have a couple of footlong sub's. need'd another one about 2 in the morning but you know big daddy is'nt alway's thinking can't put him in charge of anything:D well have to do it jared sound's like a good time. and i know we could get into some bigger one's on truman. we talked about it last year but i'm not into run'n very far in the dark on truman. are there spot's close to a ramp that produce. there's just something about seeing big ol floating tree's in the middle of the lake when it's light out that you can't see in the dark....it scare's me let's do it sometime. you lead the way:D

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by speck catcher View Post
    hey crappieslayer, please educate me on this night time crappie fishing. What
    kind of light were you using? Is the light submersible? How deep ? Do you fish above the light?
    Sounds like fun, I wonder if it would work on Truman?
    Thanks,
    speckcatcher

speckcatcher...this is only my second year for nightstalking so i'm a rookie myself. but we use the cheap floating light's from wally world. basically a car headlight surrounded in styrofoam. the submersible one's are just too expensive for me. i'm just a po boy:D so of course we fish below the light. can't fish above one that float's. last year we stuck with the same pattern and probably caught 1000 plus crappie over the summer. it was fast and furious all the time...the quality lack's sometime's but they all taste the same to me. minnow's were the thing to use last year. just about anything would work but minnow's seem to work the best. were going back during the week, gonna watch the wind and try and pick a calm nite, if there is such a thing. gonna get out there early and do some graphing and try to find some more spot's. we look for rock ledge's and or dropoff's that transition's from rock to mud or mud to rock...that's one thing we have figured out at jacomo. they seem to love hanging out at those place's after it get's dark. the place's we catch them at nite we can not buy a bite when it's light out hope this help's a little.

Post Thanks / Like

I know of one place that all you will need is your trolling motor to get to.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a lot of fun, I bought a light last year but never tried it. I am going to have ot give it a try this year. Nice catch!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast