Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Pomme De Terre

West79 Guest

Default Pomme De Terre

I'm heading to Pomme later this week. Anybody hear of any fish being caught?

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Truman lake. Glad to have you on CDC. I have not fished it for a couple years. But standing timber or docks in deeper water should do the trick. There are a few people on here who fish there. They should chime in to give you some tips.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome West79 from spfd. We fish Pome some & usally put in at Nemo. We fish standing timber from the lanuch to Weatland boat lanuch. Good luck. Send me a pm with your Ph # and I will give you a call back.

Post Thanks / Like

Me & buddy went today & caught 2 limits. we caught a couple n standing timber but brushpiles were the key. really no pattern we got some n 5 ft of water & catching some in 30 ft on the bottom explain that? we could only fish certain areas because the wind was downright brutal!!!!!!!!!!! good luck

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome West 79.....Lot of good info here, and good folks!!

Rangerman.....Good job catching any on a day like this! Usually some nice thick crappie on pomme. Need to get up there before long.
    I just KNOW it was a big one!!!
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard West 79, Haven't fished Pomme this year but good luck to you and let us know how you did.
    Fishing is always good. Catching is sometimes bad

Post Thanks / Like

Its been pretty hit or miss this year on Pomme. This time of year brushpiles should be golden. Like mentioned earlier some will be on shallow piles some will be deeper but the piles are where its at. If you limit out or just get bored don't be afraid to fish some shallow points next to deep water and pull out a few walleye. Haven't been for a couple of weeks but 11 keeper wallys in 3 trips and a few shorts. Crankbaits in bright obnoxious colors, moving fast. Its raining here right now, and is supposed to rain most of the day, the upper ends of the lake will color up and the level is likely to come up some also. Let us know how you do. Do you have a home by the lake or are you camping?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rangerman93 View Post
    Me & buddy went today & caught 2 limits. we caught a couple n standing timber but brushpiles were the key. really no pattern we got some n 5 ft of water & catching some in 30 ft on the bottom explain that? we could only fish certain areas because the wind was downright brutal!!!!!!!!!!! good luck
    Thats a great day Rangerman93. I'm sure that was a challenge. Pome is tough to fish in the wind because it seem's like it blows all over the lake.

Post Thanks / Like

Can't help with Pome, but welcome!

West79 Guest

My parents have a place near Lightfoot Park just south of Elkton and I usually get down there several times a year. With it being father's day and all, I figured I would spent some time with my old man. He really enjoys crappie fishing and running trot lines. Thanks for the warm welcome and I hope you all enjoy the rest of your week.