Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: One Incredible Fisherman........

Post Thanks / Like

Default One Incredible Fisherman........

even though he's a bass fisherman. Clay Dyer, that is. Some of you may already know of him (or know him personally); I didn't until this morning when I saw him on a fishing show on FSN catching fish in rainy 45º weather. No legs, and only one partial arm.......and can operate a big bass boat, cast a bait casting rod/reel as good as any able bodied person (dead on target), get the fish in the boat, remove the hook, release the fish, and go at it again.......with virtually no limbs. Absolutely incredible. Watch some of the video clips in the link. If you're like me, you'll be reminded them bad days on the water with what we think are big issues....aren't really issues at all......:http://www.smgoutdoors.com/claydyer.html
    Last edited by luvjign; 06-07-2008 at 07:54 PM.
    If I Ain't Crappie Fishin', I'm Thinkin' About It............

Post Thanks / Like

missed that show, would like to have seen him, I had the pleasure of fishing with a ww2 veteran, no arm's and one eye, could do it all, eaven put a minnow on a hook roll his own cig's bull duram I think, showed me that there is a way if there is a will, great man Perry Abbaitti. one heck of a fisherman, and he quail hunted also. gone now but one heck of a crappie fisherman

Post Thanks / Like

I saw that clip the other day, and that is absolutly amazing. He is the MAN, never lets his disability stop him!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

those are some amazing videos, what a guy.

Post Thanks / Like

WOW I would say he is a hero of Fisherman everywhere.
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Post Thanks / Like

Totally amazing. Looks like I need to add someone to the list of people I look up to and need to meet and pick his brain. Darn video made me cry.
    Good things come to those who bait.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up I've seen Clay ...

on several different fishing shows. He's definitely an inspiration, worthy of any praise he receives.
    I consider him the poster boy for : "Where there's a will, there's a way"

... cp

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm impressed with his easy going attitude. Seen him on several tv shows and he is the man. Strong spirit and a good sportsman.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have seen him on TV and heard him speak once at a church. He is a great motivational speaker.

His message was...What you are is God's gift to you..........what you make of yourself is your gift to God!

Don't place limits on yourself because of what you can't do, think of things you love to do and create an alternative way to accomplish it.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Brooksville, FL (Originally from Terre Haute, IN.)
    Post Thanks / Like

April I had the pleasure of fishing Weiss. After a morning of searching for crappie and finding three 1+, I came in for lunch. After lunch, I walked down to the pier that was in the shape of a T and it had two cleaning stations. I noticed a man casting around and under the dock with a 4' rod and catching fish. I talked to him and asked how he was doing? "Great. Pull up my basket." It was half full of nice crappie. The moral of the story was that this man was enjoying himself and other fishermen. He was missing his left arm (up to the shoulder), but that did not stop him from enjoying one of his pleasures - Crappie Fishing. It humbles me to think of the times that I complained about fishing, etc. The staff at the marina said that he fishes many days of the week. As was said - where there is a will, there is a way.
    From Steve Wunderele - 10-2-84 --"A fishing trip maybe brief, but it's memories are endless."