Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Open Tournament Results/6-07-08

Post Thanks / Like

Default Open Tournament Results/6-07-08

Shoals Area Crappie Association begin a new season today with a open tournament. We had 8 teams come out and brave the hot weather. All the teams brought fish to the scales.

1st place went to Luke and Danny Robins who brought to the scales 7 fish which weighed 5.66 also they had the Lunker of the day which was 1.39. They fished Cedar. Good job guy's and we enjoyed ya fishing with us.

2nd Place team was Brad Whitehead and Bevin Berry with a weight of 5.29. They fished Little Bear.

3rd Place team was Pat Stigall and Greg Martin with a weight of 4.91.They fished little bear and cedar.

This was the top 3 like I said everyone brought fish to the scales and with the exception of the heat it was a great day on the lake. Our next tournament will be on Pickwick July 19 we will launch from colbert co park. Due to the heat we will begin at 5:30am and fish until 11:00 am. If you are interested in joining the club Give me a call at 679-1826 or pm me. We just like to go out on the lake and have a good time. I have a few pictures I will post later and also we will have everybodies weight posted in the next few days.
    Last edited by keith dodd; 06-08-2008 at 09:00 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default some photos from saturday

I got a few pictures before the tournament sorry I did not get any at weigh in but here are some of the guys that fished today.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update.
    2018 Triton 18TX 115 ProXS 4 Stroke
    4-HDS 9 Touch
    ACC CRAPPIE STIX

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Complete Results

OK guys, Here is a rundown of all the weights from our first tournament this season.
    Good job by everyone battling the heat. This was an open tournament, so thanks for visiting with us guys and taking our money :p

1st ........ 5.66 lbs - Danny & Luke Robins ( Non Members )
    2nd ........ 5.29 lbs - Brad Whitehead / Bevin Berry
    3rd ........ 4.91 lbs - Pat Stegall / Greg Martin
    4th ........ 4.64 lbs - Randy Ogle / Bobby Kowal ( Non Members )
    5th ........ 4.26 lbs - Jimmy & David McCarley
    6th ........ 4.14 lbs - Keith Dodd / Donald Ledbetter
    7th ........ 2.94 lbs - Ray Tuggle / Rex Davis
    8th ........ .60 lbs - Jerry Miller / Tim McCostlin

Big Fish ..... 1.39 lbs - Danny & Luke Robins

Thanks for everyone coming out and participating. Also,thanks to CJ's for letting us clutter up his parking lot for weigh-in and dishing out some good hamburgers for lunch.
    David McCarley

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tournament

Hi, This is Luke from the tournament. We had a great time fishing in the tournament. It was great to meet people that are as passionate about crappie fishing as we are. I'm amazed at how all of you can catch fish any where you go. It has taken us years to learn how to consistently catch fish on cedar. We catch our fish on submerged structure, mostly hardwood trees and stake beds. We have put out hundreds of these man made structures on cedar. We catch fish by dropping minnows and jigs down in these structures. Most of our fish came out of 20' of water Saturday. I wouldn't know where to start on a different lake.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Glad Ya Came

Luke we are glad you had a good time we just like to get togather and have a good time as far as catching fish on all the lakes some days is tuffffff!! I like little bear best of the lakes we fish but saturday we started out long lining and just found small fish and then we started pulling some crank baits and the fish was a little better but still not what we wanted.as far as catching fish everywhere we go it just goes back to time on the water and trying different stuff but still there are days when the fish win I quess that is why we call it fishing. Again glad ya came and I hope ya can fish some more with us if you want some more info on the club just pm me.