Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Stockton report

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stockton report

We got to Ruark Bluff West camp grounds around 1:00 pm and set up camp had some dinner and went out to try some trolling for crappie. We went to sons creek and started to set up were the tree's still stick out of the water. I set out my first line a green #5 rattling suspending shad rap 30' of line then a 1-1/4 snap weight and another 30' of line then put on a planer board. Went to set out another rod and my board was going backwards with a fish already. When I got it in it was a nice 22'' walleye. We fished 2 hous that night and caught 2 keeper walleye and 10 crappie
    Friday same area 9am to noon 8 crappie. Friday night 6:30 to 8:45 5 crappie and as we were clearing the lines to go in a fish hit one of the rods and it was fighting hard. We only had a ego crappie net with us so we had to be careful on the net job. My neighbor tried to land it from the tail and almost knocked it off. I got the net from him and landed it my self head first in to the net and in to the boat.
    We had some severe storms roll through while we were there. We only fished till noon and then again in the evening's for a few hours till dark. Here's the rest of the days take.
    Sat. 14 crappie and 3 drum
    Sun. 24 crappie 1:30 to 5:00
    Mon. 22 crappie 9:30 - Noon
    Tues. 23 crappie 7:00 to noon. 1 keeper crappie alot of light hits were they didn't stay hooked and a lot of small crappie.
    Wed. Tuesday night the bite seem to quit over deep water so we went hitting the shore line with cranks and caught 2 keeper size bass and 3 crappie.

Totals for the week 109 crappie mostly from 11'' - 13''
    3 walleye 25 1/2''-22'' and a 15 1/4'' also 3 short ones.
    1 striper
    4 drum 3 not swimming the made the turtle food team.
    2 Lm bass over 15'' and 2 short smallies.
    The storms didn't seem to bother the fish only the fisherman and their wifes.
    The water temp was from 71-74 just the righ temp for swimming. The edge of the water is slippery and muddy were we kept the boat and friday night I found out how slippery it was. I fell got up fell again and was covered in mud so I took a swim in my clothes and washed the dirt off thats why im wet in the picture with the walley. If any one wants to learn about my method of troling with snap weights and boards send me a pm and well see about getting together and doing a class on the water some where.
    Didn't take many pictures but here's a few of the important fish.

RICK
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Post Thanks / Like

Hey barn dog sounds like you had a good time,nice mess O fish there them walley look good, glad ya'll had a good time, keep up the good work(play) as it were, nice to be home I bet. later man

Speck is online now MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Good job Barn. Looks like alot of fun.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Way to go Barn.

Post Thanks / Like

Great job Barn. Would love to hook up with you sometime and learn the planner board method.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Mr Baker have you tried using the snap weights yet. We'll have to do that. I'm planning on doing a trip to Truman some time this summer don't know when yet but I'll let you know and we can meet there.

Rick

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good, boys. I'd like to learn some as well.
    Jim - Have boat - will travel.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by barn dog View Post
    Mr Baker have you tried using the snap weights yet. We'll have to do that. I'm planning on doing a trip to Truman some time this summer don't know when yet but I'll let you know and we can meet there.

Rick
    I haven't yet, but plan to in the next few weeks.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Way to Go Barn Dog, very nice walleye!