Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: There is something about Crappie fishing

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow There is something about Crappie fishing

that is special when you land a 3 pound Crappie or have one over 16 inches take your lure. There is something special and peaceful about just being on the water doing basic crappie fishing. This sport unites us all, young and old, beneath the bobber of waiting for the Crappie to find us. We need to find a way to reach our youth and teach them what we know! They are the future of this sport we love.

Many individuals develop their love of fishing as a youth. In our CD you will learn some basic tips and techniques to help you catch Panfish, especially the crappie. We use illustrations and words to make it meaningful and understandable. We hope our efforts in collecting and compiling this information will help you to be successful when you go fishing.

Please visit my website for more details.
    Last edited by shipahoy41; 06-13-2008 at 06:42 AM.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the "Youth" of this forum are reached already through the members of this forum who happen to be their "Parents". Perhaps if you wanted to reach 20k plus youth, you might consider getting with some churchs to offset expenses and reach out to the youths who are less fortunate. I personally have 5 youths and would not be interested in purchasing any CD, or a DVD to help them learn to fish. That's done in person with me, "DAD", taking them out and having some one on one time.
    Note, you already have one "Must Have" CD for "fishermen, scout troops, children and classrooms".
    If you REALLY want to help our youth, sell the CD at cost, and organize some of the members of Crappie.Com for a day to take some disadvantage youths out on the water. I'm not interested myself as I am constantly swamped with one thing or another....(I work for a living).
    Not trying to rain on yours and Bobs parade, only trying to guide you towards the "youth" that could really use the help. What a great chance it would be to witness to some troubled youth. It could really have an impact on their lives.
    Bottom line is, helping youth good, crappie.com youths already have teachers in place, focus on the youth that could use it, do it at cost.
    Last edited by Crappie Reaper; 06-07-2008 at 06:54 AM.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Mr. Reaper. There are way too many fishing shows on TV to watch. Round up your city leaders and persuade them to stock the city pond or whoevers and promote a fishing rodeo.

This I do know, my youngon won't watch a fishing video.

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishingpox View Post

This I do know, my youngon won't watch a fishing video.
    This is not a video. It is a booklet in PDF format full of fishing tips.
    Last edited by shipahoy41; 06-07-2008 at 07:01 PM.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

yessir i understand that your book... not cd.., is a compilation of fishing tips gleened from C.com and from your own experiences.

I was just stating that my youngon would not watch a fishing video.

Quote Originally Posted by shipahoy41 View Post
    This is not a video. It is a 150 page book in PDF format full of fishing tips.
    Last edited by fishingpox; 06-07-2008 at 02:55 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default CD/Book thing?

I just looked at the web site. The book/cd is $18.00 after shipping. I really believe in supporting our youth and would be willing to sponsor something for children or disadvantaged folks(Most who would not own a computer). I just can't see this costing $18.00. I can buy a pack of 500 cd's for probably about $12.00 and make copies of this cd and hand out to help our youth if you don't mind. I could make 20K copies for just a few hundred dollars. I'm not trying to bash anyone but if you are here to make money, please just say you are. I bought the video from Ernest Patty knowing he was making money and can't wait for the next video. (Hint, Hint)

20,000 cd's at $16.00 = $32,000 WOW

I know thats not all profit but cd's are really cheap.

Buzz

Post Thanks / Like

Default Well Bob

Surely you know you can't trust most people when money is of concern. And you aren't the only one on this site that as been swindled. My advise to you guys is to get your money first, then give the buyer his product.

You really don't think kids are going to sit down and read about crappie fishing technics and tactics, do you? Not when there are mounds and mounds of literature out there to be bought and magazines to subscribe to. I would say help your local community out first anyway.

Grizz very graciously voiced his opinion. That is his right. Your right is to not get offended.

Post Thanks / Like

Well i have both of the CDs they are well made and contain alot of information that i didn't know,I also have Earnest Paty's DVD and 3 of Russ Baileys DVDs I also have a youth group of 20 kids 10yrs old that we take fishing 12-15 time's a year that the people that make jig's on this site send to me as donations for the kids I think it all is good and is helping the kid's here. note that some parents do know or care about fishing and i thought they were missing something, i got the kids involved and that got the parents involved. like to think we are doing a small part teaching kids fishing and hope it helps them.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mr. Bob

So what if you've been getting burned for some CD's. I don't think Earnest has been burned and he has the same standing offer. Perhaps the people that ordered it felt it wasn't worth the amount being charged? Perhaps some of them just haven't gotten around to it yet. I am happy you send one to the troops, that is good. I can get 100 CD's for less than $20. I don't know where you get yours from, but they sure saw you coming. As for burning the CD, it doesn't take that much.
    I too used to sell a few DVD's on Crappie.com. I had a member ask me how to tie jigs. This was before so many people were on this board tying. I made a DVD specifically for one member of this forum to help him get started tying. At the time, blank DVD's cost around $.50 each. I sent them in a padded envelope for roughly $3.50. The guy ask how much I wanted for it. I told him what I had in it, and if he wanted to send me something, that would be fine, otherwise, don't worry about it. I had also tossed it about 25 1/32 oz basic jigs I had tied. He sent me a check for $10 thanking me and letting me know it helped him. He made a couple of posts talking about it and others PM'd me wanting one. I posted an add in the classified section. NOT in the MAIN forum. I sent them out without payment and told peeps if they liked it to send me $10. Not ONE person burned me. I usually took them to the post office when I took lunch. I normally don't leave the job for lunch. So, if you include the fuel, there wasn't much "profit" in my endeavor. I never mentioned it in my signature and didn't bump the post. I might have sold about 8 of them. Profits went into my general fishing fund.

Your reply seems extremely hostile and defensive. I will now attempt to defend Ed. Plain and simple, it's his site. He makes the rules and has been more than fair to every member on this board. This board is maintained well. It's HIS investment. I could be wrong, but I think he can sell advertising on this site to try and make a profit. One of those preogative things.

Anyway, try to calm down. I haven't read anything that looks other than personal opinions being written. I personally think it's a great idea to do something for kids that never get a chance to fish. I also think that it is nothing more than an attempt to line a pocket OR two. If the youth factor is a serious one, than the product should be sold at a non profit amount.

Just curious, do these proceeds get mentioned in the "personal income" box whilst one is figuring taxes?

By the way, Whine and Cheese party at my house. All are welcome.
    Last edited by Crappie Reaper; 06-07-2008 at 11:14 PM.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

First of all, I was just making a point. Not here to offend anyone with my reply to your post. I just seemed like the pitch was to help kids learn about fishing but seemed like it was more of a plea to sell Cd's. I'm posting a link for a site that may help with the cost. You can have 20,000 Cd's replicated for .32 including the CD. (Up to 5 colors)

I own a business and I'm in business to make as much money as I can. When I work for friends I cut them a small break on cost but I still make money and I make sure they know that. My favorite quote to friends is "If you pay my house and car notes every month, I'll work at your home for free" No one has taken me up on the offer and gladly pay for my service. If your wanting to make money just say your wanting (or needing) to make money and not "Helping children". I think it will go over much better that way.

By the way, I commend you on sending Cd's to the troops. I didn't remember reading that part in your original post.

http://www.pacificdisc.com/PricingBulkCD.html

Buzz
    Last edited by Buzz; 06-07-2008 at 10:21 PM. Reason: Add link

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast