Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Just checking in..

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Just checking in..

It has been tough not fishing or being able to keep up with yall on here. I guess I could get an anywhere card so I can post while riding. I am hauling maters from Quincy(talquin) and I don't have time to fish the lake. I was there thursday morning. Every other day the past 2 weeks I have been hauling melons from Trenton, Fl. I pass steinhatchee and keaton beach twice on each trip. I haven't even had time to ride down hwy 361 and see what is going on at the docks. I pass boat after boat...that is tough. I also cross the Suwanee river twice on each trip in fanning springs, fl.. That is a beautiful river. It is always full of boats too. Last week we were headed to tampa, fl and decided to stop at the crystal river where all the manatees are the atraction.. We looked around maybe 30 minutes.
    SleepsInBoat is now SleepsInTruck..lol The time on the road with him has been a blessing. I will cherish it. since he won't fish. This is his fishing. He likes catching $$$ which isn't a terrible thing.
    I've met plenty of new people on the road. I'm learning spanish:D long sentences like como por sandia (how much for watermelon). and como por pepino (how much for cucumber) I have also met some good people in southern Ga. I love the south. It is a great place to live and be lucky enough to see and enjoy while working. The rural part of the state is a beautiful place. The only part that sucks is the heat or Throwing or catching 400--25# melons to load a truck. Then the produce managers want you to almost give them the melons. The ya gotta keep that truck full of fuel at 4 bucks a gal..But all in all things are going great for a "nonfisherman". Went to my doc today and I have lost from 314 down to 269 in 6 months.. I bet I lose it faster chunking those melons..lol
    oh yeah Rusty is a great market reporter. He saves me money every trip whether I come buy a deal he finds for me or go another direction for a better deal.. He saves me the fuel and time it would take me to check it out.
    Thanks Rusty, you are a great guy and I can't thank you enough. cya soon because your locals should fill that market in the next week. I'll be glad to drive the 200 miles instead of 500 to load out.

yall keep catching them and if ya throw one back warn it that once october gets here ole smitty will be after them again..

smitty

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

wow smitty yuor putting on the miles but sounds like all is well and its great to hear from you. i might just have to drive an get a few of tho's mellons from ya th ones im geting up here sucks right now
    and as for fishing this fall you will be back to giving them hell for sure =)
    Alan

Post Thanks / Like

Been missing your posts and thinking about you Smitty and its good to hear from you. I know the heat is terrible, so just be careful out there. As soon as October and cooler temps get here, we'll hook up for a trip to Harding. Glad to hear that you are doing good on the road...Stay in touch.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't over do it buddy, you aint as young as you used to be. Be glad when the cold weather gets back so we can do some fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Was a good crappie site

I have been out pocket since the tornado on mother's day and when I come back to Crappie.com I find the site all messed up. I like the old site by states.

How would y'all like me to build a forum just for Georgia Crappie guys and girls???

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

there is a state by state . this is a georgia added off topic page you have posted on:rolleyes:.just look next doorfor the old ga page . don`t need another on can`t keep up with this one:D
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danbo View Post
    I have been out pocket since the tornado on mother's day.......
    Sorry to hear you had problems from the tornados. Glad to see you posting and to hear that you are able to post again. Hope to see you on the water soon.
    Slab Masters Tournament Trail ............... www.slabmasterstournamenttrail.net