Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: BeaverLake Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Question BeaverLake Crappie

Just wondering how everyone has been doing on Beaver, been a little slow for me have been catching very large slabs when they are biting. Had to switch to tipping jig w/minnow to get them to bite. I'm wondering if its just been all the different fronts that have been mesing up the fishing or what? J.T. you been having much luck? Have'nt heard much from you in a while. Hope all is well. I've been real busy myself have'nt been out as much as i like. Maybe there is another technique i'm not using. Let me know.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Shores, it's been slow go for me as well! It's takin me full 8 hour trips to even get close to limits. A couple weeks ago I was up around 45 plus keepers a day. Now I'm catching 30 or so keepers a day. Your right though, when you catch them they are big. I caught a 2.4 pounder in a cove accross from beaver shores on Wednesday, it was 17.5" long! I have been locating them on my locatar in mouths to smaller coves where deeper water runs out in front. I have been catching fish as deep as 20' over 50' of water! Think Deep! I have been using a chartreuse green Kalins 2" triple threat grub with a 1/16 oz. jighead and casting to them. Minnows have not worked well for me as of late.
    Good Luck!
    Tight Lines!
    Jason Piper