Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Truman Tournaments

Post Thanks / Like

Default Truman Tournaments

I have seen on other threads and have been asked by several people about tournaments on Truman with cheaper entry fees. If you are like me it's hard to pay the $100 gas for the day of fishing plus $200 for a tournament fee.

I would be more than happy to put on a few tournaments at Truman, I put on one a month on Pomme and have all the stuff. However with Truman being such a large lake it is hard to find a great place to launch, many people want to trailer so they can fish their spots. Running a smaller tournament makes it hard to give a truth analysis, the cost is far more than a small tournament of 20-30 boats can bear. Any thoughts? Suggestions? What kind of interest is there for a few tournamnets on Truman? Any info appreciated.

If I can get enough info gathered and enough interest I'll put some together.

Thanks,

Brad
    Can You Find, "LIMITVILLE!!!" :D

Post Thanks / Like

Default Truman tournament

How about a husband wife tournament? You would be surprised how many couples fish together.
    speckologist

Post Thanks / Like

I'd be interested in a cheaper entry fee tourney on Truman too. The trailering part doesn't bother me. Just pick a ramp and use it. Change up the ramps each time to cater to the different areas of the lake.

Regarding different types of tournaments, I think a father/son or adult/child tournament would be fun. Focus the prizes & fun on the kids to get them into fishing more. My kids would go nuts for something like that. With the shorter attention span of kids, you could have 2 - 3 hour long tournaments in one morning.
    - Life is good! :D

Post Thanks / Like

I would be interested Shockley.Just let us know.Speaking of Pomme,how is the lake looking.Thinking of runnin down there for the weekend and doin some fishin.Haven't been on the lake since i was a kid and my dad had a cabin around the boliver landing area.Any info would be great.
    There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home.

Post Thanks / Like

Hogster1,

Pomme is starting to pick up. The water level is starting to get close to normal. My neighbor caught his limit over there the last two times he went. Most of the fish are about 10-12' of water just off the bottom. Find any kind of structure and you should be fine. Pomme is an excellent lake, it just takes a little work to figure it out. Good luck!

I really like the thought of fishing from different ramps in each tournament. It forces everyone to fish different areas of the lake. Keep the suggestions coming and we'll see what we can do about a few tournaments this summer and fall.

THanks,

Brad

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Brad what are the entry fee for your tournaments on Pomme? I think a $50 to $75 tournament would go over well. There are a few people I work with that would fish a few tournaments with a cheaper entry who normally do not fish tournaments because of the cost. I also like the thought of using different ramps and no trailering. I think it is good to have to fish "learn" new areas of the lake. I have always wished there was a crappie club on Truman with a few meetings a year and 6 to 8 tournaments with a points title. There are 3 or 4 small bass clubs like this on Truman. I am up for anything.

Post Thanks / Like

When I put a tournament together I do it for the crappie fisherman. My rules are simplistic and desire for everyone to have a great time. It provides a wonderful opportunity to meet other crappie fisherman and learn about the fish we enjoy persuing and eating!!!

My entry fee is $40 plus an optional $10 big crappie. If we get something going this summer we will probably just have a partial schedule and no points race. However if it works out well we can have a full schedule next year with a points race. Will probably keep back a small percentage of entry fee for the points winner at the end of the year. There will be a few rules for the points race, but we have plenty of time to work that out.

Any more tips would be great!

Brad

Post Thanks / Like

We would be in favor of some Truman Tourments and have it open to any team configuration husband/wife farther/son father/daughter or what ever the team wanted to do. This way you dont restrict it to anyone's advantage. I would be more than happy to help if needed. We could use the rest of the year to try and work on the details.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking truman tournaments

I think you all have a great idea, maybe do both types of family tournaments, we fishermen that dont have a lot of tournament experience would love that. It is great experience without laying down a lot of green to have a great time and meet others with out passion for crappie fishing. I know you cant make a lot of money with it and I would even be open to paying a surcharge for expenses of the organizer. Let us know what you decide, I think it is a great idea. And yes I am the wife that fishes with her husband, and I am sure there are many others out there on Crappie.com. Kids would have a great time too with Dad.
    smile, people always wonder what you are up to

Post Thanks / Like

Slabmaster,
    I also fish for crappie with my husband. Since I retired last year, we have enjoyed fishing together at Truman Lake. It would be nice to meet other women that like to fish with their spouses. We usually fish out of the State Park Marina. Where do you put your boat in? It would be fun to meet for dinner and exchange fishing stories some time. The tournaments sound like a lot of fun.
    Speck Catcher's wife
    speckologist

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast