Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Format ????????

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Format ????????

Is it me or am I seeing a lot of new adds on Crappie.com. I hate the moving adds because they are so distracting . I know these sites cost money to run but these adds take up a lot of space and jumble everything up. . I sure miss the simple stuff sometimes!!! Sorry ED .
    Life is Good !
    2018 Kentucky & Tennessee Crappie Masters State Champs!

Post Thanks / Like

Site cost money, adds pay i see no problem with the adds might even find something we want.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I'm trying it. I'm supposed to be able to make some money off these ads, so I'm trying these new type ads. Hey if I can make money, I can improve the site. Works both ways. Sorry if it's distracting, but lets try it for a while. Hang in there.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

It's still the best fishin' site on the web......hands down. I've got a pop-up blocker, and as bad as I hate pop-ups, I could still deal with them on this site, when I couldn't on any other!!! I'm sure those ads will help keep "the best fishin' site on the web" afloat........just my 2¢ worth
    If I Ain't Crappie Fishin', I'm Thinkin' About It............

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

You do all right for a Yankee Ed.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

None of these ads are popups or intrusive and most have something to do with fishing. Give them a chance because ed is gonna need the money to keep this site going because bandwidth and fast servers are expensive not to mention the time and dedication that goes into providing a site for 12000 people
    2018 Tracker Super Guide 40hp 4 Stroke
    Garmin Striker 7sv
    Minn Kota Powerdrive with iPilot
    Marine Raider Rod Holders Modified for Versatrack

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the new set up and I don't mind the ads, I just wish the ads were on the right side of the page. Our normal reading habits have us looking to the upper left hand corner to start reading and the first thing we run into is the ads. This may be by design but to me the most important part of this forum is what we write and share, not the ads. Thanks for listening, you're doing a great job Ed.
    "gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!

Post Thanks / Like

As a retired computer geek of way too many years, I like the new format and think it's clean and designed in way that is easy to navigate. Keep it up and get all the bucks you can. Since you let up play for free, do what you got to do. And by the way, thanks.

A day late, a dollar short and two drinks behind.

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slab View Post
    Well, I'm trying it. I'm supposed to be able to make some money off these ads, so I'm trying these new type ads. Hey if I can make money, I can improve the site. Works both ways. Sorry if it's distracting, but lets try it for a while. Hang in there.

You know folks, my pappy once told me this..............."If you always do....... what you always did.......you will always get....what you always got........!"

We should always seek to improve ourselves, our lives, and our Crappie fishing. I am glad that Slab (Ed Moes) is a visionary and actively seeking ways to improve this site for us all. Where else can we vent about the good and the bad days we had Crappie fishing and then find out others have a shared experience. You will also pick up a ton of information here to help you with your own fishing experiences. Now go out and buy my CD as it will help you out too.

We owe Ed a big "Thank you" for trying something new on our behalf. Here's mine Ed.

Thank you !

Thank you!

Thank you!
    Last edited by shipahoy41; 06-06-2008 at 06:26 AM.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Bob # 1 is offline Moderator Fisherman's Memorial Forum * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slab View Post

ED, think the ads are OH KA.
    The only suggestion I have is to back up PAWPAW
    and put them on the right side. Just his suggestion
    and my opinion.

Know the reason they are on the left, as PAWPAW, said
    people read from left to right, so guess what is being
    read first....................the ads.
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Testimonials
    Night fishing tips 101
    Temperature Guide Crappie

Fishing lights